Why does Disable Rev hang and VSA make such a difference

FlashPro Manager software
hatchback_billy

Why does Disable Rev hang and VSA make such a difference

Post by hatchback_billy »

I have 2019 Civic Sport CVT 1.5T, My first tune a few weeks back was stock "Tuned high +6psi high octane" with "Boost - Optimized turbo response" and "Throttle - Improved response" both ticked. There was a good improvement from stock but it seemed that the power dropped at higher rpm's. So today I used the same stock +6psi tune with the same ticks "Boost - Optimized turbo response" and "Throttle - Improved response" and also added "Throttle -Disable rev hang" and "Throttle - Disable VSA". What a difference it made, it pulls all the way until the shift, so much improvement and so much more performance. Can someone explain why disabling rev hang and vsa made so much difference? Thanks in advance I am very happy with my second tune attempt so far.
2019 Civic Sport 1.5T CVT, PRL CAI W/ Race MAF
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Why does Disable Rev hang and VSA make such a difference

Post by Spunkster »

Disabling the VSA probably stopped it form closing the throttle when it detected any wheelspin.
hatchback_billy

Post by hatchback_billy »

I figured disabling the rev hang might have improved the shifting with the CVT. It never had boost to the upper rpm's like that before. :)
2019 Civic Sport 1.5T CVT, PRL CAI W/ Race MAF
Dman61180

Post by Dman61180 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 am Disabling the VSA probably stopped it form closing the throttle when it detected any wheelspin.
How do I disable the rev hang and vsa and can I on a 14 Honda Civic ex 1.8 r18 with no boost and do you think it would be better on mine thanks