Euro FN2 Datalogs (poor experience with a Hondata dealer)

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

bigmouk

Euro FN2 Datalogs (poor experience with a Hondata dealer)

Post by bigmouk »

Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to check a couple of my datalogs? I've had an etune completed by a Hondata dealer (no names), and communication was fine prior to agreeing to the work, however, once I paid communications were poor at best.

I was given a base map and 4 revisions (after constantly chasing for days after a datalog) and then told everything looks good and the etune is now complete.

I'd asked a bunch of questions including what had been changed on the map vs stock (just a top line summary) ... I've had no answers to any questions so pretty much give up now.

I've no reason to believe there is an issue with the etune, but given the poor communications I would say he wasn't very interested in doing the work.

Car is pretty much stock with 29k miles on the clock, running 98 octane pump fuel, 83mm CAI from stock box to front bumper, silicone intake pipe, Skunk2 thermal intake gasket, new iridium plugs, valve clearances just done.

I put the 3rd gear pull data through 'virtual dyno', 3rd revision shows around 178whp, 4th revision shows around 168whp, 5th revision shows around 172whp.

Any feedback/opinions on the datalogs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
5thRevision.fpdl
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
3rdRevision.fpdl
(3.59 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Euro FN2 Datalogs (poor experience with a Hondata dealer)

Post by Spunkster »

What dealer was this?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

bigmouk wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 am Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to check a couple of my datalogs? I've had an etune completed by a Hondata dealer (no names), and communication was fine prior to agreeing to the work, however, once I paid communications were poor at best.

I was given a base map and 4 revisions (after constantly chasing for days after a datalog) and then told everything looks good and the etune is now complete.

I'd asked a bunch of questions including what had been changed on the map vs stock (just a top line summary) ... I've had no answers to any questions so pretty much give up now.

I've no reason to believe there is an issue with the etune, but given the poor communications I would say he wasn't very interested in doing the work.

Car is pretty much stock with 29k miles on the clock, running 98 octane pump fuel, 83mm CAI from stock box to front bumper, silicone intake pipe, Skunk2 thermal intake gasket, new iridium plugs, valve clearances just done.

I put the 3rd gear pull data through 'virtual dyno', 3rd revision shows around 178whp, 4th revision shows around 168whp, 5th revision shows around 172whp.

Thanks
Hi,

Can you post the calibration you are running on. Then we can get a better idea of what's going on.

What is your main concern about the tune? Is your main concern what the virtual dyno reads, or concern over whether the tune is solid?

In my experience the virtual dyno is hit and miss at best. Some people swear by it, for me it was always a little suspect.

Either way, post your calibration or PM it to me and I can look it over. From what I can see just looking at the datalog it looks like a fairly good tune. Once I see the calibration I can have a better idea.
bigmouk

Post by bigmouk »

EFICU wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm
bigmouk wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 am Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

Can you post the calibration you are running on. Then we can get a better idea of what's going on.

What is your main concern about the tune? Is your main concern what the virtual dyno reads, or concern over whether the tune is solid?

In my experience the virtual dyno is hit and miss at best. Some people swear by it, for me it was always a little suspect.

Either way, post your calibration or PM it to me and I can look it over. From what I can see just looking at the datalog it looks like a fairly good tune. Once I see the calibration I can have a better idea.
Thanks, PM'd you.

My only concern is that I'll be using the car on track and I've asked the tuner a few questions about various things ... and had absolutely no response to any questions.

For example, why is the map MAF based? Is MAF standard for a fairly stock car AND an etune? I've seen posts regarding 'hybrid' maps so why not use MAP for fuelling?

Re 'virtual dyno', I understand this may/may not be accurate. But all my datalogs were done at the same ambient temp (within 1 deg C), and I did think 4th/5th revision lacked a bit of 'punch' compared to the 3rd revision (before looking at the numbers in virtual dyno). Obviously without a dyno tune its impossible to say and could just be in my head :)
bigmouk

Post by bigmouk »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:37 pm What dealer was this?
Rather not post any names or bad mouth anyone. The map may be spot on, its just the fact it felt like he had very little interest in doing the map AFTER I had paid.

I would send a datalog, hear nothing, leave it a few days, then chase it up, hear nothing, then get an email "Here is your next map, do a datalog". That was pretty much all the communication I had after I'd paid for the map. He never asked any questions about the car, how it was running, any issues, any concerns etc.

I have 'some' basic understanding on tuning but no experience. When I've watched any videos etc, I see tables being 'smoothed' out and changed so lines do not cross over. With that being said, is this OK? does it look OK? (ignition low 0 deg) ...

bigmouk

Post by bigmouk »

Just wanted to update this thread and say a big thanks for Kyle @ EFICU, he has checked things over for me and even improved a few things.

Communications and response from him is second to none and he has explained everything he has done and the reasoning.

Give this guy a shout if you need any mapping work, he really knows his stuff!

@Hondata - this is the type of tuner you need in your dealer network, wish I knew him before handing my money over to the other place!
typer86

Post by typer86 »

@bigmouk
If someone need help with the EURO Type-R (FN2) please contact me. I will also e-tune the car and I will explain all changes too.

/PM me here for quick response and further instructions.

Regarding hybrid tune:
> The AFM response in some conditions are better, faster to tune - then fully MAP based tune for low to midrange power. In some conditions it will avoid rev-dropping below the configured idle-speed too.
I have tested some years regarding this issue to find out why this happen.

> In some conditions a fully map based tune is better - for example if you are using injectors with unknown deadtimes
> custom throttle bodys and modified intake manifolds...