Unlocking flashpro from damaged ecu

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
KaywayRiley

Unlocking flashpro from damaged ecu

Post by KaywayRiley »

Hello... my ecu was damaged in my 2009 civic si fg2 to the point where the ecu is not connecting to my flash pro which seems like I’ll have to change my ecu but my question is how will i get my flashpro unlocked from the damaged ecu?? Is it possible to send the information to hondata and they can unlock it from the database I’ve seen a thread earlier where they can unlock it like that but only one time afterwards any further complications you’ll have to buy another flashpro.... Please Help
Chero650

Re: Unlocking flashpro from damaged ecu

Post by Chero650 »

I was looking through several threads trying to assist you bey Riley, I have seen nothing...
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

I saw one before when my flash did lock on peppy car i gata look for it
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You would need to send us the ECU and FlashPro for unlock.

How did your ECU get damaged? What's the full story?
Hondata
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

The mechanic was jumping the car without my permission and he touched the batteries together on the wrong sides and it damaged the ecu and melted the battery terminals and i live in the bahamas so shipping is very confusing when sending things away i took the ecu to a shop to be repaired but the shop was unsuccessful in opening the ecu
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

The ecu is not reading at all so the only way to correct it is if you can unlock it by me sending u the flashpro vin
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

Getting a jump and the person jumped it wrong
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Please use the 'send feedback to Hondata' function with the FlashPro plugged in and the ignition on.

If you reverse polarize the ECU it has a zener diode to pop an external fuse. Nothing bad happens to it.

What I really wanted was the story from the start, since you have posted about the same problem 6 months ago.

What shop tried to open the ECU? What was their goal in opening the ECU? Did they get the ECU open?
Hondata
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

Before this it wasn’t a damaged ecu my car was off the road and I basically was driving my brothers car cause he doesn’t drive his fg2 until mine was repaired but now the ecu is damaged and it won’t connect or even read to say the accessories are on or it won’t connect to the flashpro to register the vin so it’s basically dead i just need my flashpro unmarried from it so that i can marry it to my new ecu is that possible?
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

The fuse is fine the surge skipped the fuse and went straight to the ecu trust me i checked everything I’m not guessing what happened they touched batteries together and touched them wrong it send 2 sparks after that they turned the battery around started the car the car ran for a day and a half on the next day the ecu began to go haywire
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

The problem before this was i took my flashpro off my car and put it on my brothers fg2 because that’s what i was driving but when he decided he was selling it i tried to take my flashpro off and it wasn’t coming off his car that was the problem 6 months ago but it came off eventually but now i have an ecu problem
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

Hello admin is there any possibility for you to unlock my flashpro or reset it from my ecu while its plugged in because my ecm is not reading
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Hondata wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:25 pm Please use the 'send feedback to Hondata' function with the FlashPro plugged in and the ignition on.
Have you done this yet?
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

Yes sir i sent the feedback report and under the flashpro tap it’s saying ecu: Recovery mode
KaywayRiley

Post by KaywayRiley »

Here’s a picture of it