Bad s300?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dluder

Bad s300?

Post by dluder »

Should all s300 v3 run the same? Can I take a tune from one s300 v3 and upload it to another s300vs and it run the same? If all parameters are exactly the same wouldn't it read the same? I think it should. I'v been having trouble with my s300 since new and this is what I'm experiencing. Well it ran good for the first few months but had a jerk at cruise sometimes. I spent alot of time getting everything exactly where I wanted it the afr was steady 14.5 low load 13.5 medium and 13.0 at wot. It then started to change under the same conditions. It progressively got worse I had to change map everyday. Ect and ait was perfect but then it changed. Now at start up it'll idle up then go lean and want to die. Once warm it'll buck if I set cruise at 12-14 afr it'll still buck. Then under the same normal conditions it'll want 15% more fuel. I called a tuner for help he said he thought it was ecu so I got a new one. I still experienced the same issues. So the tuner came over and we used his ecu/s300 and downloaded my tune. It was way lean and wouldn't run. We then proceeded to tune using his s300/ecu and had it running great. When done we transferred calibration to my ecu and it ran pig rich. He then said your s300 is bad. I paid hondata $50 to look at it and they sent back saying good. I then spent several hundred hours changing and checking everything but no luck everything was good. I bought chipped ecu tuned on crome and it runs good. I then called tuner because I'd like to get hondata s300 working. We tried to tune using my ecu/s300 and had afr where they needed to be but it would still jerk/buck at cruise and afr would change sometimes for no reason. Then we put his s300 in my ecu and uploaded the old tune we did using his ecu/s300 and it ran good 13.5-14 at idle. We then put my s300 back in and uploaded the same tune and it ran 10afr at idle. I've got a short datalog at idle showing the difference between the s300 boards on the same calibration. I'll post both datalogs here in a min. But a the same calibration will run 15-20% richer through the entire map with my s300. Sorry for the long post but I'm trying to get this issue resolved. My s300 is clearly defective.
dluder

Re: Bad s300?

Post by dluder »

here is the 2 datalogs both was on the same calibration
Attachments
dustys datalog.s3d
(488.37 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
darrins hondata log.zip
(27.67 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

These are not real lean spikes as there is no change in the duty cycle or injector times. This does not look like a problem with the s300, but a problem with how the wideband is wired. Use D10 instead of D14.
dluder

Post by dluder »

I understand that my wideband maybe acting up when it's at 10afr which it Should never see. The lean an afr change I'm talking about didn't occur during those datalogs. I was only trying to show is that my s300 runs deffferently than the thousands of other ones out there. A tuned calibration will not transfer over on my s300. That is on the exact same calibration under the exact same parameters minutes apart. I'm going to try d10 even though is may help it read 10afr better it won't do nothing for the other issues.
dluder

Post by dluder »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:33 am These are not real lean spikes as there is no change in the duty cycle or injector times. This does not look like a problem with the s300, but a problem with how the wideband is wired. Use D10 instead of D14.
Here is a datalog using d10 as you suggested. I don't know if you can tell from graph but it was missing/ jerking almost the entire time im driving. It only does it with this s300 as ive stated. It runs good on crome or with a friends s300. But with a friends s300 it needs 15-20% more fuel
Attachments
d10 missing badly.zip
(236.17 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
dluder

Post by dluder »

Here is another example of what is wrong with my s300. Compare the 2 low cam fuel maps. Why is mine so different but the high cam is the same? 11-25-19 was tuned on my s300 and the other with tuners s300
Attachments
11-25-19.zip
my s300
(12.08 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
dusty h22 525 -3.zip
tuners s300
(10.87 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
LsVtec Jodan

Post by LsVtec Jodan »

This is very similar to the problem with my car? The requiring more duty cycle in the tune for fuel map. Car still runs good pulls fine. For me it all started with connecting and pinning into the harness the white wire from my aem uego guage to d10 eld. It immediately made the car not idle correctly and miss, so i unplugged it and just got it tuned analog without the datalogging. My tuner said that something was weird with my injectors he said he had to command a lot out of them and that they were smaller than we thought like 800cc's instead of 1000's cuz we ran out of fuel early. Ever since the d10 eld issue my vss has stopped working? I have checked the continuity of the 5 volt wire. I have replaced the sensor but still nothing? it has never worked on the dash but was working on the laptop before the datalogging d10 eld incident. To finally test this my friend let me borrow his s300 I loaded up his tune and it was running all crazy couldn't even idle, so my question is what is different about our ecu's? Did this guy ever figure out if his p28 was the issue?

sorry for kinda hi jacking the thread. It would be nice to see if we can figure out what we both did wrong.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Based on what you have described it sounds like there are some wiring issues in the is vehicle.
LsVtec Jodan

Post by LsVtec Jodan »

Any idea what could be wrong? Everything works wiring harness is new from rywire vss used to work? I checked pin b10 to the vss plug for continuity it seemed fine? the one thing that was weird was that when i test the vss plug i get a good ground, I get a good 12v middle pin, but i only get .3 volts to the 5v signal? does the vss need to be plugged in and back probed to read 5v's? This is what made me think that the ecu was messing up since it wasn't sending the 5v to the vss plug. Again the car still runs I'm just trying to figure out wth is going on so I can continue to progress with the build. Maybe I will make a video and upload it to youtube see if we can figure out this gremlin? And this all started when i pinned the from the aem uego white wire the the d10 eld pin? everything about this is just so weird.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

VSS is pulses and not voltage. It is about 4 pulses per revolution.