euro civic type-r error code 41

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
vtec9

euro civic type-r error code 41

Post by vtec9 »

I have 2002 euro civic type-r and I have K-Pro with new Honda PRB ECU based off US RSX-S
my cel is always on it's error code 41
I disable the o2 sensor heater but the cel is on again in a few minutes
does anybody have PRA & PRB ecu o2 sensor wiring??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Contact the UK dealers they will be able to assist you with this.
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

We have the exact same problem here with one car (2003 CTR, PRB K-PRO ECU and RSX-S wideband oxygen sensor). This occured after a few months after a succesful installation. The error code:

Code: 41-1
DTC: P1166
Description: Heated Oxygen Sensor1 (Primary HO2S) Heater Circuit Malfunction

We have tested the oxygen sensor and the ECU on a another car and they're ok. The other car has a same setup is working properly. So the problem should be in the wiring. The modifications are made correctly but there seems to be a problem somewhere...

Let us know if you work out what's the problem. If we find out sooner, we'll let you know :)
vtec9

Post by vtec9 »

ok
the uk dealers did not help me they said you have to call where you bought it but I bouhgt it from usa
I am sure there is a wiring problem in o2. but I couldn't find rsx type-s and euro civic type-r o2 wiring

I can off the cell only in one way disable the o2 heater and response
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

Ok, we still haven't figured this one out. There seems to be a few people with the same problem even driving RSX-S. Hondata should really do something with this... For example this case:

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3986

or

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=290413
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The examples you posted were not the same problem you are having (PRB ECU in a Euro CTR) but were the result of wiring pulled out of the o2 sensor connector (common when using a race header) and plugged back in incorrectly.

If someone can provide a wiring diagram which works, we will post it here. Otherwise, this is a modification to your vehicle which we cannot test and verify here. For that reason we have never promoted swapping PRB ECUs into Euro CTRs.
Hondata