knock control

2007-2008 Fit
08FitSport

knock control

Post by 08FitSport »

why is the k control on my ecu staying at 121%? i have attached a log and the calibration.
Attachments
k control.fpdl
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
my fit 10-9-21.fpcal
(8.94 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: knock control

Post by Spunkster »

It is a 4 second datalog.
08FitSport

Post by 08FitSport »

how long of a datalog do you need. i just did a short datalog to show its at 121%
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It needs to show normal driving conditions.
08FitSport

Post by 08FitSport »

here is a longer datalog. i messed up and deleted the datalog and started logging it again but its 7 mins long. You can hear the engine ping when accelerating. the hondata app shows it has knock counts but the knock control stays at 99 with zero knock retard. i concluded a screen shot of the mobile app.
Attachments
hondata app.jpg
hondata app.jpg (58.43 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
honda fit datalog.fpdl
(17.13 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Fit 87 octane tune.fpcal
(9.31 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
08FitSport

Post by 08FitSport »

i forgot to mention the ecu is not retarding timing when the ecu is detecting knock.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The datalog now is only 7 seconds.

The way Honda knock control works is that you can get knock retard without knock and knock without knock retard.

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/k ... tables.htm
Hondata
08FitSport

Post by 08FitSport »

Hondata wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:51 pm The datalog now is only 7 seconds.

The way Honda knock control works is that you can get knock retard without knock and knock without knock retard.

https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/k ... tables.htm
My bad about the datalog time. first time ever using the flashpro to datalog. didnt have my tuning latop in the car. total drive time was about 45 mins. engine starts pinging after it warms up. the kcontrol always stays at 121%. You can hear the engine pinging and detonating. Marbles in a coffee can. Ill get you a longer datalog tonite.
08FitSport

Post by 08FitSport »

i am a little bit confused. I logged the ecu with my laptop last night and the knock control started working. The log I posted yesterday the knock control was not working. Originally when I tuned the car I was running 93 octane fuel and I disabled the knock control after I started this thread. When the fuel prices went up to $4.50 a gallon for premium, I started pumping 87 octane and started getting spark knock. So I flashed the stock timing maps back on to the ecu with turning the knock control back on. I hasnt been working since I reflashed the ecu. You could still hear spark knock from the engine under hard acceleration and moble app was not reporting any changes to the kcontrol or knock retard but was showing the engine had high knock counts. App was reporting 2000 knock counts everytime the engine was restarted but slowly those knock counts started to reduce i.e 50-200. last night I logged the car and the ecu was pulling ign timing when it was detecting knock no more ping on hard acceleration. How long the ecu take to relearn the knock control when you reflash the ecu? I have attached the calibration and log files from last night.
Attachments
fit knock 2.fpdl
(86.04 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
fit knock.fpdl
(48.14 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Fit 87 octane tune.fpcal
(9.31 KiB) Downloaded 89 times