Is my car running ok ?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
ShadowMoon

Re: Is my car running ok ?

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:04 pm That's a bummer it wasn't smoother. It might be that it likes running on the MAF sensor for part throttle. Either way, it looks a lot better and the knock is only happening in one area now. Let's see how this one looks, then we'll go from there. I think we're moving forward which is good, but we might take a slightly different approach depending on your feedback in this one.

Shadowmoon.SD.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
This one feel better I suppose. What do you think about reving to 7500 RPM during this datalogging ? Was just wondering if it is safe to do so without blowing anything. I don't rev up that high as often as I do now with the datalogging so im just a little nervous heh.
Attachments
datalog0010.fpdl
(6.4 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Bummer you don't like how this ones feel. I went ahead and made this next one a hybrid version, so it will run on the MAF sensor for part throttle, and the MAP sensor for WOT. See what you think. This would be more like the old calibration, but hopefully still faster during WOT. Your WOT pulls looks like the car is pulling pretty good for no downpipe, but if you don't like how it drives I guess it doesn't matter then. The knock is getting better through, it's only happening in one area now, so that's good, before it was happening in a few areas. So we're definitely headed in the right direction, sort of.

If you're nervous about the 7500 rpm redline then just let me know where you're comfortable and I can set it just above that. If you like to shift at 7000, I can set it to 7200 so you only hit it on a missed shift or something. I can set it wherever, just let me know. For the third gear WOT pulls, run it to the RPM you're comfortable with from now on. The WOT fuel was pretty much dead on in that one, so no need to run it out higher than you're comfortable with.

Here is the next one.
Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev03 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
(24.49 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:37 pm Bummer you don't like how this ones feel. I went ahead and made this next one a hybrid version, so it will run on the MAF sensor for part throttle, and the MAP sensor for WOT. See what you think. This would be more like the old calibration, but hopefully still faster during WOT. Your WOT pulls looks like the car is pulling pretty good for no downpipe, but if you don't like how it drives I guess it doesn't matter then. The knock is getting better through, it's only happening in one area now, so that's good, before it was happening in a few areas. So we're definitely headed in the right direction, sort of.

If you're nervous about the 7500 rpm redline then just let me know where you're comfortable and I can set it just above that. If you like to shift at 7000, I can set it to 7200 so you only hit it on a missed shift or something. I can set it wherever, just let me know. For the third gear WOT pulls, run it to the RPM you're comfortable with from now on. The WOT fuel was pretty much dead on in that one, so no need to run it out higher than you're comfortable with.

Here is the next one.

Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev03 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
This one is pretty smooth altogether. In your opinion, Do you think the previous map is better or this hybrid one ? I want my car to run at it most efficiency and if you think the previous one is better, than we should go with what's best.
Attachments
datalog0011.fpdl
(6.63 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Nope, the data looks good even with the hybrid calibration. So if you're happy with it, then we will run with it. Some intakes just don't like running on the MAF sensor, this one seems to be working okay. That and the knock is more under control, we're down to only 5 and it happened in a couple small areas under conditions that make sense. So we're moving in the right direction, I just want to creep up on it so we can keep the performance in it.

Here is the next one. I made a couple WOT fuel changes, and some ignition. It all looks good, just trying to get it knock free now.
Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev04 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
(24.44 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:44 pm Nope, the data looks good even with the hybrid calibration. So if you're happy with it, then we will run with it. Some intakes just don't like running on the MAF sensor, this one seems to be working okay. That and the knock is more under control, we're down to only 5 and it happened in a couple small areas under conditions that make sense. So we're moving in the right direction, I just want to creep up on it so we can keep the performance in it.

Here is the next one. I made a couple WOT fuel changes, and some ignition. It all looks good, just trying to get it knock free now.

Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev04 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
Ah I see, hopefully this one is good.
Attachments
datalog0012.fpdl
(5.92 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks great man. We're there on all the fueling, the MAF scaling is dialed, and the WOT fueling looks dead on. We had a couple random knock at low speed, which were probably false or just odd things while you were in third gear at 10 mph, maybe rolling through a parking lot. Those wouldn't be anything to worry about. We did have a couple in normal operation where we have been working on, so I made some more changes there for this one. See how this one goes. We're right there, literally just working on this one area of knock, it looks killer otherwise.
Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev05 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
(24.37 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:02 am Yeah it looks great man. We're there on all the fueling, the MAF scaling is dialed, and the WOT fueling looks dead on. We had a couple random knock at low speed, which were probably false or just odd things while you were in third gear at 10 mph, maybe rolling through a parking lot. Those wouldn't be anything to worry about. We did have a couple in normal operation where we have been working on, so I made some more changes there for this one. See how this one goes. We're right there, literally just working on this one area of knock, it looks killer otherwise.

Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev05 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
Heres the next one
Attachments
datalog0013.fpdl
(6.93 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay that one looked great, we're there I think. The only two knock we had were while you were decelerating in neutral or sixth gear down to something in the teens for mph and then clutching into to go into first gear. So they are not knock from normal ranges which is good. I made some ignition changes to stop that knock though, so we will see how it looks in this next one. We might be there though, if not, we're super close now.
Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev06 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
(24.39 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:50 am Okay that one looked great, we're there I think. The only two knock we had were while you were decelerating in neutral or sixth gear down to something in the teens for mph and then clutching into to go into first gear. So they are not knock from normal ranges which is good. I made some ignition changes to stop that knock though, so we will see how it looks in this next one. We might be there though, if not, we're super close now.

Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev06 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
Thats good to hear. Hopefully this one is good.
Attachments
datalog0014.fpdl
(6.53 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good. Only one knock this time, and it was under the same exact condition. Slowing at 20mph and then clutched in and rev matched to put it into gear which registered a knock. I made some similar changes to this next one to try to stop it. Take this one for a drive whenever you can and we'll see how it looks. No rush, it looks great, just chasing that rev match knock basically.
Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev07 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
(24.34 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:04 pm Looks good. Only one knock this time, and it was under the same exact condition. Slowing at 20mph and then clutched in and rev matched to put it into gear which registered a knock. I made some similar changes to this next one to try to stop it. Take this one for a drive whenever you can and we'll see how it looks. No rush, it looks great, just chasing that rev match knock basically.

Shadowmoon.Hybrid.Rev07 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
I tried to recreate the knock during downshift on this one.
Attachments
datalog0015.fpdl
(6.72 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

We might be there, no knock on this one and all the fueling looks great. Go ahead and keep datalogging over the next few days and let's see if it stays knock free over multiple days. If so, I think we're good to go. If it does get a random knock on a rev match it's no big deal, I just wanted to make sure we minimized it.
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:51 pm We might be there, no knock on this one and all the fueling looks great. Go ahead and keep datalogging over the next few days and let's see if it stays knock free over multiple days. If so, I think we're good to go. If it does get a random knock on a rev match it's no big deal, I just wanted to make sure we minimized it.
Been a while haven't got the time to do some datalog but here are some. Check out and few and see if this is good ty.
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

ShadowMoon wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:07 pm
EFICU wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:51 pm We might be there, no knock on this one and all the fueling looks great. Go ahead and keep datalogging over the next few days and let's see if it stays knock free over multiple days. If so, I think we're good to go. If it does get a random knock on a rev match it's no big deal, I just wanted to make sure we minimized it.
Been a while haven't got the time to do some datalog but here are some. Check out and few and see if this is good ty.
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(8.6 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
datalog0003.fpdl
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
datalog0002.fpdl
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
datalog0001.fpdl
(5.41 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
datalog0000.fpdl
(6.72 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
ShadowMoon