FK8 wont run after Fuel System Upgrade

FlashPro Manager software
cduma1

FK8 wont run after Fuel System Upgrade

Post by cduma1 »

- serial number of your FlashPro: FP-CTR-FK8-US-354234
- FlashPro Manager version (not 'the latest'): 3.8.5.0
- the calibration (as an attachment)
- a datalog of a problem (as an attachment)
- what sort of vehicle you have: 2019 FK8
- what sort of ECU you are using: Stock

- anything about the car which has been modified from stock which may affect the ECU (don't include what sort of rims you have nor stereo etc).: 1x Radium Catchcan connected between intake manifold and cylinder head. Hondata Fuel System. PRL HVI. Rear motor mount, one level below hardest.

- a specific description of the problem: Installed low pressure fuel pump, tested good. Installed HPFP and injectors, would start and die immediately. Intake manifold was reinstalled incorrectly, fuel rail foam cover was pinched. Engine did not respond to throttle

Removed and installed intake manifold again. Engine starts and dies slightly less immediately. Engine responds to throttle.

Fuel system serial number is entered in Flashpro

I tried reverting to stock tune, no change

Previously tuned for PRL HVI+93 and ran fine before Fuel System Upgrade

It sounds beautiful on start but immediately drops to zero RPM. A few times it sputtered and tried to keep running which is seen in the datalog.

Thanks! I appreciate any assistance. Please let me know if I have provided inaccurate or insufficient information.
Attachments
no start v2 11-30-21.fpdl
(22.67 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Calibration 11-30-21.fpcal
(18.84 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FK8 wont run after Fuel System Upgrade

Post by Spunkster »

You probably still have an air leak of some kind due to the improperly installed manifold.
cduma1

Post by cduma1 »

Any suggestions on how to find it? Any indications where to look? If the engine were running I would use my stethoscope or fog machine
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Look at anything you have disassembled in the process of installation.
cduma1

Post by cduma1 »

I've uninstalled the entire intake system, cleaned and reinstalled including new intercooler and charge pipes. The issue still persists. Please take a look at the log. I see that BP doesn't deviate from -1.1
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Datalog looks normal. There's fuel pressure and the injector duration looks normal.
Hondata
cduma1

Post by cduma1 »

I'm still having issues. I've purchased and installed a new OEM intake manifold+gaskets, no change. I've uninstalled the catchcan and replaced the OEM hose, no change. I've replaced the stock intercooler and tubes with PRL, no change.

I have removed and thoroughly inspected every single hose, even blowing into them. They are all flawless and hold pressure.

I'm still wondering why the BP sensor is providing static data and BPcmd is dynamic. As of late, it only ever says -0.9psi even when the engine is completely off, not that it stays running at all

Its also showing an airflow of 0.19g/s with the engine off

At this point, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the intake manifold a total of three times. Something is broken and I'm confused as to why the DTC or datalog says everything is fine.

Its 40F here and after 3 attempts to start, the cat is very warm to the touch and the datalog backs this up. Around 120-140F by the datalog and my hand agrees.

The AF is stuck at 14.71 and the AFcmd is dynamic.

The only thing I haven't done is try the old injectors and HPFP.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Please see the info in the help file: https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/whatsnewtopic.htm

FK2/FK8 Injector Size

The FK2/FK8 now have the injector size (like other models). If you increase the injector size then the ECU will automatically reduce the pulse width to keep the correct fuel trim. For people using the Hondata Fuel System you can either compensate for the larger injectors by applying a fuel trim of -19.5% (current method) or you can zero the fuel trim and set the injector size to 1330cc. If you re-apply the Fuel System modification without zeroing the overall fuel trim you are going to run lean, so do not do that.

Note FK2/FK8 injector sizes are measured at 100bar & 25C.
cduma1

Post by cduma1 »

Why does your tuner software apply an incorrect tune for your fuel upgrade kit and why were neither of you able to immediately tell me that my calibration was incorrect?

It runs now and I am upset with the quality of support provided with nearly $4,000 of your products. I will be discussing my experience at my local Honda meets.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I apologize for not catching the problem when you first posted it.

We've looked at what might have been the cause of your calibration having both the injector size and fuel trim set, and made changes to the starting fuel system calibrations and modifications to prevent this from occurring in the future.
Hondata
cduma1

Post by cduma1 »

Thank you for acknowledging the issue and I warmly accept your apology. It really does mean a lot to me.

++Respect

Thank you for fixing the issue for other people as well.