Dialing in my 09 Si Coupe

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

nboy1337

Re: Dialing in my 09 Si Coupe

Post by nboy1337 »

I think it actually likes the hybrid tune because the cold start was smooth, like the idle didn't drop off suddenly and looking over the logs myself it actually looks very clean, and the pulls we're pretty gnarly. Had maybe a little too much fun. Thing pulls though.
Attachments
dataloghybrid.fpdl
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, let's run with the hybrid calibration then. The MAF scaling was a little rich on that one, so I pulled some fuel out on part throttle. WOT fueling looked good, I pulled 1% out of a few cells, but it's pretty much there. Take this one for a spin and we will see how it looks. You had one knock in this one, but it happened before you hit the record button. One knock isn't a big deal anyways, just saying. We will see how this next one looks.
nboy1337.Hybrid.Rev11.2 (Blended)(Vtec4300).fpcal
(23.09 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Feelin' good still! actually can confirm it will rip the tires in first a bit, didn't happen in this log but good fun :P
Attachments
dataloghybrid2.fpdl
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks great. Part throttle fuel is pretty much dead on, the changes we made worked great. WOT fueling need a little bit of adjustment, so I made those. No knock in this one which is great. I also threw in the sport pedal map on this next one to see if you like it. It basically just tightens up the relationship from the pedal to the TB. If you don't like it, we can take it back out in the next one. Take this one for a spin when you can.
Attachments
nboy1337.Hybrid.Rev12.2 (Blended)(Vtec4300)(Sport).fpcal
(23.36 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

I'm seeing some maybe rich spots with heavier throttle input, but yeah feels good, seems as if I can downshift smoother too. Also, is there a good way to set up a gnarly launch control / 2 step? just out of pure curiosity so I'm not nearly as tempted to have any type of 'crackle tune'
Attachments
dataloghybrid3.fpdl
(6.51 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah I don't see anything too crazy as far as rich. There are some areas where it goes low to mid 12's on a transition area or something, but nothing long term rich. But let me know what you're seeing and if you're watching AF corrected or not. That's why we have you make datalog in the twenty minute range, so we can get good average data that removes any outliers. There really is no way to get it right all the time, the ECU can only control fuel so fast, but we try. Your MAF scale is great, and the WOT fuel was dead on. But if you can get it to do it more in a datalog I can try to look at what you're talking about.

There is really no way to make a crazy launch control on an NA setup using FlashPro. Some of the setting to make it do it are limited in the software. That and I haven't spent any time trying to maximize what is possible as it isn't my forte. Same with the crackle stuff, the settings are limited with FlashPro to make it get too crazy.

Here is the next one for you. All I made were some ignition adjustments for knock, everything else looked great.
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Hey, Sorry for the long response time. Weather has been pretty crappy and this thing just spins them in third in the rain apparently lol. Otherwise feels great still!
Also, right around the 11:45 mark is one of my concerns, where I' m 50% throttle at a lower RPM and I'll see 12.5 AFR, not sure if that's too rich in that area?
Attachments
dataloghybrid4.fpdl
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No problem. Just watch out if you one day put a header on, then it becomes even more useless in the rain. Haha.

I see what you're talking about at 11:45. So two things, 12.5 isn't too rich at all, that's only 2% from our target of 12.8-13.0. If you're wondering why at 50% throttle it does that, it's because we use the MAP sensor to determine WOT. So giving 50% throttle in 6th gear like that actually raises the MAP pressure reading based on load to within our WOT spec and transitions the fueling to open loop fueling for WOT. I made some fueling adjustments in that area to try to get that slight richness out from your third gear data. When I say slight, it's less than 1% from target on your third gear WOT pull, I'm just OCD about certain things and like to see all 0% from target in the cells. Hopefully that addresses your concerns.

Overall the datalog looked great again. It need some ignition touch up for knock, only a couple near redline. And I cleaned up that midrange WOT fueling a little bit. Take this one for a spin when you can.
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Running strong per usual! I adjusted the clutch, turns out it's not supposed to catch at the floor. Just kidding I knew something wasn't right there, never realized it was as simple as adjusting the CMC. But yeah she loves it :)
Attachments
dataloghybrid4.fpdl
(5.34 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

Also meant to make that hybrid5, it is a new log. Got confused because I sent hybrid4 off a different computer.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good again. We had one silly knock in a new place, so I touched up the ignition in that area. I also made a couple minor adjustment to the WOT fueling, again only a percent or so here and there. Take this one for a spin when you can and we will see if it goes knock free.
nboy1337

Post by nboy1337 »

She feels great, looked over the log and seeing weird knock stuff, I don't feel or hear anything. I'm starting to question my spark plug situation though. Recommendations on plug / gap?

Also noticed I hit 8710 bouncing off redline after that 3rd gear pull which is interesting too 0_o
Attachments
dataloghyrbid6.fpdl
(4 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah overall it looks great. The fuel stuff is right on target both part throttle and WOT. Just the pesky knock is frustrating, but I am trying to creep up on it by pulling a couple degrees at a time until we remove it. You don't really have a setup to create false knock in most cases, but it's possible. As far as plugs, the general consensus is the NGK 7746's are the ones to get. Some guys have reported misfires issue with other brands. Or you can go OEM to remove any concerns of aftermarket plugs. You can get the NGK's from anywhere pretty much, as far as gap, go with whatever OEM is. I don't have that off the top of my head.

As far as the limiter, try not to hit it unless you have to. Once we get done with tuning, I always tell guys to shift at 8400 or so and leave the limiter for safety. We can always lower the limiter to any rpm you want. If you never plan to go over 8000 and don't want to, we can set the limiter to 8200 or so for protection on a mistshift or something. Totally up to you. Also, at this point in the tuning process, you can shift wherever you feel comfortable as everything is pretty much dialed other than the knock. So, just let me know on the limiter, we can move it anywhere lower than 8600...

Here is the next one for you. If you decide you want to replace the plugs, we'll have you run this one until the plugs go in, then datalog before and after the plugs to compare apples to apples. If the knock goes away with the new plugs, we can go back up in ignition a little bit if you want to. Otherwise, if you're happy with the power at current ignition levels, it never hurts to have super safe ignition. Not that it's unsafe now, just saying.