Help on which caibration for my 8th gen

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

daudi443

Help on which caibration for my 8th gen

Post by daudi443 »

I have 2009 SI just got the flash pro today. my car has skunk 2 CAI and Greddy catback exhaust. loaded the injen MAF calibration felt good to be honest
but, I was researching a little bit more and got to the race calibrations and then loaded the AEM Cai map based calibration and felt good too but im confused which should I use, the safer and the best for now until I can find a tuner that can help refined this tune. Help Please
EFICU

Re: Help on which caibration for my 8th gen

Post by EFICU »

With the Skunk intake, you have to use a calibration that is speed density based using the MAP sensor. The MAF calibrations will not work properly due to the intake diameter and how the MAF reads. All the big tube intakes like the Skunk, HR, and K-Tuned need to be tuned speed density via the MAF.

Race calibrations are no longer needed or recommended by Hondata. They were used back in the day to make certain things function. For that though, you ended up with a fuel gauge that didn't read 100% accurate and lost the oil life monitor.

Off the top of my head, I don't know if any of the Hondata basemaps are MAP based or not, but if you want help tuning it I can help you tune it MAP based using my stuff. Do you have any plans for future mods in the near future, or is this your setup into the foreseeable future?
daudi443

Re: Help on which calibration for my 8th gen

Post by daudi443 »

I want to stay with the bolt ONS that i have for a while maybe in the future il get bigger injectors and racing headers but for now i will stay with the S2 cai and greedy catback exhaust.
So what is your suggestion on the tune that i should run until I get tuned i am interested on what you are offering.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah the bigger injectors would be most likely a luxury as you shouldn't necessarily need them, but it would be a good idea with the addition of a race header. I recommend the RDXs, but please get them from a reputable company or the dealer, there are fake ones out there making their rounds causing issues.

So, if you plan to stay with the setup you have now there is a proper way to tune these, and a shorter way. The proper way to tune them is to tune each cam angle individually, then blend out the cam angle map and all using that data. This usually takes 10-12 revisions depending on the scenario to get it dialed. The shorter way, we sort of speed of the process of data gathering and then blend everything out, which can be done in 6-8 revisions. I give you guys the option because the burden of time falls on you and the datalogs, which we need them to be in the 20-30 minute length. Some guys are more strapped for time than others.

Either way, I would start you on my basemap for these cars and then we go from there. So let me know what you think, and if you have any questions.
daudi443

Post by daudi443 »

Ok start me with your base map for these cars. And let's start the process to get it tune the right way with you.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Here is the first calibration. This will be the 0* cam angle with vtec at 4500. The 0 cam is rather boring to drive on and gives you the least power, but it's all part of the process and gives us a good base moving forward. For the datalogs, as mentioned, we need them to be 20-25 minutes in length with as much stop and go type driving as possible. Basically avoid steady speed and rpm for too long, the stop and go driving populates a lot more data for us. On the drive, we need one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-8600. Take it for a spin when you can and we will see how it looks.
daudi443.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.04 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
daudi443

Post by daudi443 »

hello

just loaded the base map to the flaspro I will flash the car tonight, unfortunately I wont be able to log today since is raining all day, but as soon as I get a chance I will send you the datalog.

thank you
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Bummer, damn rain! Okay no problem, just keep me in the loop and we'll get going on it.
daudi443

Post by daudi443 »

Hello just came back from doing the log. cant wait to hear how my car is doing and how it can improve with the tuning. attached is the file.

thank you
Attachments
First datalog 0cam angle.fpdl
(269.09 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks great for a start. No knock, and all the fueling was very good. I made some part throttle and WOT fuel changes, and we will now move to the 15* cam angle with vtec at 4500. Take this one for the same type of driving and datalog styles, that last one was great.

Before you take this next one out, can you check something on your computer with your FlashPro connected. In FlashPro manager, click on the "FlashPro" tab, then the "datalogging" tab. Once you're in that screen there is a section that says "Datalog Rate" with a slider bar under it. Can you check to make sure the slider is moved all the way towards the left for "fast". That datalog had very slow data sampling which is usually from that slider bar not being to the left towards fast or a compressed datalog. Also check when you save datalog, there is a box at the bottom of the box where you save as that says "compress datalog", be sure that is not checked. You're driving style and datalogging is great, we just need to get the sample rate turned up so we get more data on your drives. Let me know if you have trouble finding the tabs and boxes I reference.
daudi443.SD.Rev02 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.39 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
daudi443

Post by daudi443 »

I checked the rate and is all the way to the left on the fast. This is my first log to be honest tomorrow after work I will do the same hopefully you get the amount of data needed.

thank you
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha, when you save the next datalog and you enter a file name, check the bottom of that pop up screen and make sure the "compress datalog" box isn't checked. Are you datalogging through a laptop by chance, or are you using the FlashPro device by itself? Datalogging through a laptop also causes this issue as a laptop can't sample as fast as the FlashPro device. Either way it's not the end of the world, we can use what we're getting, more data helps with averages and more data cell population. We'll see how it looks tomorrow either way.
daudi443

Post by daudi443 »

I'm back from another log session, sorry I didn't notice a box to check or uncheck for the compress datalogs and yes I'm doing the datalog with the computer I like to check the afms and knock count just make sure everything is running fine every sensor is working on some stops and before doing the third gear pull. so yea very happy that we are getting closer every day to get this car tuned.

thank you
Attachments
second datalog 15 cam angle.fpdl
(426.45 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha, yeah in the next datalog, if you can press the datalog button on the FlashPro itself to record the datalog that would work great. You can still watch the laptop just like you are, but press the datalog button on the FlashPro to record it and then upload the saved file from the FlashPro. That will give us a lot more data. When you record with the FlashPro, it will record natively on the device itself, then you can do your normal routine on your laptop for yourself. If not it's no big deal if you can't, but if you can do it that way that's great.

That datalog looked good on the 15* cam angle. I made a few adjustments here and there. We will now move to the 30* cam angle with vtec up at 5500. Take this one for the same datalog and driving style when you can. It's all looking really good.
daudi443.SD.Rev03 (30Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(21.84 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
daudi443

Post by daudi443 »

ok will do, I will press the button on the flaspro to datalog. Im learning little by little every day.