Need help with a calibration. 2012 civic si

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Letgopickle

Need help with a calibration. 2012 civic si

Post by Letgopickle »

I'm new to hondata flashpro, I have a Injen CAI, Skunk2 Alpha ... header, and a Tsuedo Catback. I cant find any preset basemaps that would work, should I just upload a reflash?
EFICU

Re: Need help with a calibration. 2012 civic si

Post by EFICU »

Have you tried any of the basemaps, or you can't find one that works based on your mods? You will most likely want to try one that is speed density based using the MAP sensor. You can start with the "Short ram intake, cat delete, catback exhaust" one and then datalog a drive to see how it looks. If you don't like that one you can try the "Stock tune, 6000rpm launch limit" calibration. Those two use the MAP sensor for fueling which would work best with the intake you have. If you use a MAF calibration, you may run into issues tuning it if the MAF sensor doesn't read as well in the Injen intake compared to the OEM hose.

If you want some help tuning it let me know. If you plan to run this setup for a long time, I would recommend tuning each cam angle one by one and then blending out the tables. This usually takes around 10-12 revisions to get it dialed. If you need it done quicker, we can go a quicker route, but I recommend the proper way whenever possible.
Letgopickle

Post by Letgopickle »

I have to do some research. so I could do a short ram intake tune for my CAI? Also eventually when I get FBO I'll get it professionally tuned.
Letgopickle

Post by Letgopickle »

I havent tried any basemaps, I wish there was a preset calibration for CAI, ..., and catback
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay. There is a very small difference, if any, between a tune for a CAI and an SRI. Both calibrations would need a fair bit of adjustment anyways, I was just pointing out the best option. There is a bit difference between a 3.5" intake compared to a standard diameter, but a general CAI and SRI don't have much of a difference in the tune. The main advantage of the CAI is generally cooler intake temps, not so much more air coming into the engine. So don't get discouraged just because the title says SRI.

You can try the CAI calibration if you'd like. Just be sure to datalog the first drive and keep the driving normal and calm until you see the data. If you're hoping for a calibration that will be optimal from the start and require zero modifications, that will be tough. All of this stuff is a base to get them going and adjust from there. You would be surprised how two cars with the same mods require different tunes to get them dialed.
Letgopickle

Post by Letgopickle »

Alright thanks a ton. Where can I reach out for tuning help? Would you just help me on here or is there a private messenger?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah if you want some help it all has to be done on here per forum rules.