Fresh engine little smoke no start help

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.

Fresh engine little smoke no start help

Post by 141202 »

so after my car blew up i built a new motor. Engine is all together and in the car note a few things have changed that wasent on the car for the last tune but id think it would at least pop off.
things iv dubble checked
  • spark plug gap
    fuel pressure
    spark
    cam timing

it cranks good has oil pressure it just wont start, just some black smoke. i can see on my wideband that it is getting fuel to. what am i overlooking or is it possible its just a tune. only things that have been changed is stock cam to skunk 2 pro 1 cams and different turbo manifold. i would think it would at least pop off or something.
Alixs_life

Re: Fresh engine little smoke no start help

Post by Alixs_life »

I'm far from being advanced on this knowledge but I believe since you changed the parts even the skunk 2 cams , and the the turbo manifold. The car now has to recognize the new parts on the car so i believe upload a basic pre maps to the car and see If it starts. If it's does then it was the tune if not then I would know what else...
chickenplusone

Post by chickenplusone »

I believe because you have changed the parts completely. give your engine a test run
Super Mario
salmawisoky

Post by salmawisoky »

Ensure that you have sufficient fuel in the tank. If the fuel level is low, add fuel and try starting the engine again. Additionally, inspect the fuel lines and fuel filter for any clogs or leaks that may be impeding fuel flow.Drift Boss