2015 civic si hondata tune

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Jkruse1

2015 civic si hondata tune

Post by Jkruse1 »

I bought a 2015 civic si not long ago and im pretty sure it’s needing tuned. It’s got an acuity cold air intake and a 3” ... downpipe. From what I was told by the original owned it has a base map on it now. Also where would I go to buy a cord for the hondata?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2015 civic si hondata tune

Post by Spunkster »

A replacement USB cable can be purchased at: https://www.hondata.com/products/accessories/usb-cable
Jkruse1

Post by Jkruse1 »

I’ve got the cord, in need of help or guidance on the tune, check engine light is on throwing code that it’s running lean on bank 1. I’ve got the acuity curl control cold air intake, cat-less 3” downpipe, and a axle back exhaust.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You need to transfer to a speed density calibration right away. Chances are you are running a calibration that is MAF based which you can't use with the Acuity. You'd need to post the calibration you're driving on so we can see. But most likely that is the issue, the MAF sensor can no longer provide a good reading because of the tune diameter and design of the Acuity. It's very common to have the issues you are having on a MAF tune.
Jkruse1

Post by Jkruse1 »

I'm new to all of this so bear with me on this, I believe I`ve got the hondata reflash calibration on it now. I do have a few data logs from yesterday that i can put on here as well.
Attachments
#3.fpdl
(86.99 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
#2.fpdl
(167.75 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
original tune.fpcal
(19.41 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah something is way off. Your fuel trims are absolutely maxed at part throttle, meaning you short term fuel trims are adding a lot of fuel and the long term trims are trying to compensate as well, yet still barely hitting the target AFR. It's probably missing it some, but it's working at max capacity to try to hit it. It's hard to tell with 20 second datalogs how bad it is overall, but from this short datalogs it's not happy.

Is there a reason why you're running 87 octane?

Is this going to be your parts combo for the foreseeable future? If so, if you don't plan to add performance mods in the near future, it would be good to go in and tune it properly which is going through each cam angle one by one. That usually takes 8-10 revisions. Either way though, something needs to be done right now. If you don't have a lot of time to make datalogs and go through revisions we can start on a complete basemap and clean it up in a couple revisions. Granted it's not a mechanical issue of course. Also depends on your loyalty to 87 octane, that's not recommended. You need to be running 91 or higher on an engine like this for various reasons.

Anyways, let me know.
Jkruse1

Post by Jkruse1 »

I’ve been running 87 oct just because I assumed that’s what it ran on. I’ve got no problem going up in octane. I think I’d rather go with the base map to get a fresh start on it, I don’t plan on putting any more performance mods on it for the foreseeable future.
Jkruse1

Post by Jkruse1 »

i also have this datadlog thats a little longer if that helps any.
Attachments
test.fpdl
(780.25 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it's definitely working hard to keep it inline. How much gas do you have in the tank currently? Just curious how much 87 you have in there right now.

So you want to tune it long route, 8-10 revisions, or only a couple revisions? Just making sure so I can' prepare the right file for you.
Jkruse1

Post by Jkruse1 »

I have around 3/8ths to 1/4 tank right now. I think I’ll go with the long route.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, I would recommend to load this calibration and take it for a quick 10 minute drive. Let's see if the issue goes away and we're on the right track. If that is the case, I would then recommend to go fill up with premium gas, whichever is most readily available to your as far as 91-93. Then we can start the tuning process once we have some good gas in there. If you want to drive it up to get gas now and datalog that drive, that works to. Either way, a quick ten minute datalog just to see if we're on track is good. I want to see how it looks to determine it's a tuning issue or mechanical. Don't do on wild driving on the short drive, just normal driving at part throttle like you do every day is fine.

By the way, it's on the 0* cam which essentially has no power. So don't get discouraged if it doesn't feel strong. It should be a lot smoother though over your last file. As we move up in cam angle it will get stronger. Just keep that in mind. So take this one for a quick drive when you can.
Jkruse1.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.07 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Jkruse1

Post by Jkruse1 »

Okay, so I went ahead and got two datalogs. it feels like it's running so much better already, it's a lot smoother.
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
datalog0001.fpdl
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it already looks a lot better. What is the fuel situation? Is it still straight 87? I ask because of the knock we have in these datalogs.
Jkruse1

Post by Jkruse1 »

Yea still 87 was running most of it out before I went to fill up, 92 should work? That’s what I have available around me
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay. Run this next calibration while you work to get the 87 out. Once you have added 92, go ahead and make another datalog in the 20 minute range. In this datalog, we need to start to throw in one wide open throttle (WOT) pull from 2500-7500 rpm so we can work on the WOT fuel tuning too. But don't do any WOT pulls until the 92 has been introduced. So once you've added 92, make another 20 minute datalog and include the third gear pull so we can get the ball rolling.

Yeah 92 is good.

Jkruse1.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.27 KiB) Downloaded 107 times