Intermittent Sync Light

Hondata CPR (Coil Pack Retrofit) support
dirtybird222

Intermittent Sync Light

Post by dirtybird222 »

Recently I’ve been getting an intermittent sync light on the CPR when trying to start the car.
1) I’ve followed the troubleshooting guide here https://www.hondata.com/help/cpr/index. ... ooting.htm and completed all the steps.
2) I’ve never had this issue before with all of the exact same components on this car and over 100+ hours of racing in Champcar, WRL, and Lemons. So no it’s not an installation error, wiring issue, user error, or any of the other interpretations given throughout the forum.
3) In the “Display” tab on SManager the ECT and IAT read 302 degrees F and it’s pushing that data do my AEM CD7 now. If I push the “Update Calibration” to the S300 through SManager those values go back to normal and the Sync light comes on and starts right up. If I unplug the laptop and power the car down, I lose the sync light on the next start up.
4) I’ve tried it with multiple calibrations and it’s the same result. But when the car starts up, it runs well.
5) There is power and proper voltage going to and from all the pins on the ECU, distributor, CPR, etc.

We have back up parts for each of these but we like to have those back ups working. I’m at a loss on this one and hoping I can get some help in diagnosing this issue.
dirtybird222

Re: Intermittent Sync Light

Post by dirtybird222 »

Also:
- Latest version of SManager
- ECU - P06
- F20B
- Rywire H/F harness
- Denso S2000 Coils
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Intermittent Sync Light

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the s300 board inside the ECU?

From Help, About, what is the version of software used?