Not able to upload tune/ car does not start

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Tagmaster12

Not able to upload tune/ car does not start

Post by Tagmaster12 »

I am having issues with uploading a tune to k-pro. It fails every time and gives false values and does not allow me to update USB drivers or erase ECU. The car sat for a while... drove and was able to make changes just fine before sitting. Went to start and would just crank. I tested the battery and that was fine. Went over the harness to see if there were any issues with a connection and swapped between 3 conversion harnesses one no name that was already on the car, an eg k tuned harness, and a k tuned race harness to rule out the wiring. Checked and cleaned all the grounds as well. The same thing happens every time just cranks. Tested for spark and fuel which all look good... I tried different USB cables and tried the Kpro in a know working car reuploaded a tune and the other car started right up. Went back to my car tried to upload tune fails and gives false values. Been at this for a long time with no changes.. Does not look like a wiring issue but I am at a loss. There is definitely a problem because I can't make any changes but the Kpro shows it's connected with everything showing on.
Its a kpro V4 I have updated the software on my computer with the latest beta as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I submitted a few Images I can get more if nessicary.
Attachments
hondata2.PNG
hondata2.PNG (35.42 KiB) Viewed 8478 times
Hondata.PNG
Hondata.PNG (27.45 KiB) Viewed 8478 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Not able to upload tune/ car does not start

Post by Spunkster »

If it works on a different vehicle, then you have either a mechanical problem or a wiring related issue.
Tagmaster12

Post by Tagmaster12 »

Ok then what would cause the kpro to give false values and not upload?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

A shorted sensor or wiring problem. It could be that the ECU either has no good ground path and then grounds through one of the sensors (or worse) grounds through the KPro. Or it could be that a wire is wrong and the ECU internal 5V supply gets connected to ground or +12V. None of these things are good for the ECU or KPro and it usually damages one or both.
Hondata
Tagmaster12

Post by Tagmaster12 »

Is there a sensor that you would suggest looking at first?... Or just go thru every sensor?
Tagmaster12

Post by Tagmaster12 »

@ Hondata Do you not have a recommendation? I'm not wanting to just let this die like so many other threads with similar issues.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I've given as much information as I can.
Hondata
Tagmaster12

Post by Tagmaster12 »

I'm asking for a recommendation based on your experiences.. a lot of these threads have similar issues with no resolutions or the thread just dies.
OblivionPO

Post by OblivionPO »

I'm sorry the support is so bad here. You can follow this tech data to check your sensors

https://www.phearable.net/information/t ... grams.html

Main ones I'd check are you battery voltage and power source, they should all be the same with the key on.

Next your power ground.

Logic ground, sensor ground and write enable signal on 31p

Everything good from there just keep shooting.

It was easier for me to open the ECU up and make contact at the metal junctions but however u can do it is up to you.

Also make sure you moved your ECU ground from the intake manifold to the valve cover.
OblivionPO

Post by OblivionPO »

Another thing check the daughterboards LEDs. If it's working properly there should be a solid green light and flashing red. I had an issue and mine green led wouldn't come on and it was an installation issue.
Wrenneth

Post by Wrenneth »

I'm having the exact same issue on a customers car

Wiring can't be wrong because it's a civic type R Ep3 with stock wiring !!!!

It's very cold in the garage where the car stands could this be the issue hondata ?

I'm also thinking it could be just the last beta software update!? Could it maybe be this ? Checked everything....

Any advice is very much appreciated
EU EP3 Type R 2004
K powered !!! :)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Does it work in a different vehicle?