FK8 Flashpro + HPFP control software key

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
chasewd

FK8 Flashpro + HPFP control software key

Post by chasewd »

Hello!

I have a 2019 FK8 which I've been returning to stock. The car is running great on the stock fuel system and I have unpaired/unlocked the Flashpro from the car. To be extra clear: my car previously had this XDI installed with a custom tune using this Flashpro. I purchased both the XDI and the Flashpro new.

I am planning to sell my XDI fuel pump, injectors, and Flashpro but I'm running into some odd behavior related to the "HPFP control" status in FPManager.

When I plug my Flashpro into my laptop, it shows "HPFP Control: not registered" even though this document says the registration would be stored permanently. Link: https://www.hondata.com/help/flashpro/i ... contro.htm
See attached screenshot

So my questions are:
Does my Flashpro still have the capability to flash another car AND have that car use the XDI pump? (implying I'd need to sell the Flashpro and XDI as a pair)
or
Has this freed up the "software key" on the paper provided with the XDI? (and I could sell the Flashpro as normal and the XDI with the key, separately)

I'd like to fully understand the key situation before passing any or all of these items along to someone.

Thanks!
unknown.png
unknown.png (25.09 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FK8 Flashpro + HPFP control software key

Post by Spunkster »

replied via email.
Stewctr

Post by Stewctr »

Spunkster wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:23 pm replied via email.
Hey Spunkster, I might be buying a used XDI HPFP, but already have a Flashpro. Can you PM me anything I should know regarding the necessary key? Or are you able to post the info here for anyone else who may need it?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to purchase a key at: https://www.hondata.com/fk8-fuel-pump-s ... earch=fuel
Stewctr

Post by Stewctr »

Thank you
Rodriguez.fk8

Post by Rodriguez.fk8 »

Hello, I just bought a used xtreme di and not the activation codes and I want to know if buying the code from Hondata will work for me even though that xdi was already in another flash pro before
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to purchase a new unlock code.
m_kluch

Post by m_kluch »

If I was to purchase a used Hondata HPFP and try to use it with my Flashpro, would I need to purchase an unlock code, use the original unlock code or does the Hondata HPFP not need an unlock code to work with Flashpro?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would need to purchase an unlock code if you do not have the FlashPro that the original code was used on.
DE5_Now

Post by DE5_Now »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:57 am You will have to purchase a key at: https://www.hondata.com/fk8-fuel-pump-s ... earch=fuel
Do you have an updated link for this software?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »