Need help with logs and knock, is this bad gas?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Webhito

Need help with logs and knock, is this bad gas?

Post by Webhito »

Attached is my custom tune from etunez, 3 datalogs, same tank of gas, done a few days apart.

I have been having issues with what seems to be bad gas, for some reason the first log was the first time I filled up with another brand and thought my issue was solved, logs 2 and 3 are on the same day, cold start and 15 minute later warm start, could this be something mechanical? I find it odd that from having barely any knock all of a sudden its back to where it was.

Mods are RBC Manifold, AEM Sri, Skunk 2 downpipe.
Attachments
Mixed Driving 3.fpdl
(591.21 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
Mixed Driving 2.fpdl
(894.96 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Mixed Driving.fpdl
(5.64 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
Rev 13.fpcal
(25.75 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Need help with logs and knock, is this bad gas?

Post by Spunkster »

Have you discussed the issue with etunez?
Webhito

Post by Webhito »

Still working on revisions, was only asking for a second opinion as I know diddly squat about tuning.
Webhito

Post by Webhito »

After 13 revisions I have ran into a dead end, tuner can no longer adjust and says its as good as it gets, sadly I am not savvy enough to say otherwise, mind you, the files attached here were made with the last revision sent to me.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can try reducing the timing in the areas you are getting knock.
Webhito

Post by Webhito »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:02 pm You can try reducing the timing in the areas you are getting knock.
Hi Spunkster,

Thank you for your suggestion, sadly, this is one of those things that I would rather leave to the pros as it seems like a recipe for disaster if done wrong.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

You can’t go wrong with reducing the area by 2 degrees at a time. When you mentioned this issue to your tuner did they reduce timing in the area. It could also be false knock.

-Ed
Webhito

Post by Webhito »

CalibratEd wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:39 pm You can’t go wrong with reducing the area by 2 degrees at a time. When you mentioned this issue to your tuner did they reduce timing in the area. It could also be false knock.

-Ed
Hi, CalibratED

Tuner did say he believed most of it was false knock but was not a good idea to go wot, tried reducing as much as he could but was not able to eliminate it.

From what I see, most ignition at that level is negative, to reduce timing would I be going further away from 0 or closer?

Thank you.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

The rule of thumb is that if they significantly reduced the timing and knock was still present than it’s false knock.

-Ed