S300 for 01 USDM Prelude non-SH

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
PreludePilot

S300 for 01 USDM Prelude non-SH

Post by PreludePilot »

I'm an amature in this ECU game, and want to make sure I understand some things completely. I'm boosting the Prelude this summer and right now is prime time for turbo "prepping."
Referencing http://www.hondata.com/engines.html :
The H22a Notes I'm confused on:
Note 4. Secondary intake runner operation will be lost if a P72 ECU is not used.
I'm sure the P72 ECU is the move for me, but how do I find one to buy?

Notes 6-7 The first says I need the OBD2 - OBD1 adapter harness and the second mentions a swap.
Are these basically saying I can go with the adapter OR the swap? Or are the adapter harness AND the swap needed?

Note 8. Differential control will be lost.
What differential are we talking about? Say, an after market LSD(which I have plans to add this summer) or am I way off?

May seem like stupid questions, but I'm sure I'll feel smarter once you guys clear things up. :)

Thanks,
Mike
kutsujuracing.com
PreludePilot
RMS

Post by RMS »

the rectangular framed ecus must be used for the s300. usdm p72 have both the iab and knock sensor, but any obdI civic or integra ecu can have iab control added. so the knock is really the big decision for you.

your harness's ecu plug will not connect directly to an obdI ecu so you have two choices: buy an adapter harness that does just that... adapts between your harness and the ecu, or you can purchase an obdI ecu that has the obdII plugs already installed on the ecu itself.

the traction/differential control is atts electronic control that is used on the SH model here in the united states. this has no bearing on chasis that are not equiped with that option.

hope that helps. when you decide, give us an email; we're happy to ship ecus around the world.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
PreludePilot

Post by PreludePilot »

Cool, cool. I really appreciate the info.

E-mail sent
Mike
kutsujuracing.com
PreludePilot