07-08 TL ecu swap CAN question

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 Acura TL
BB_Rides

07-08 TL ecu swap CAN question

Post by BB_Rides »

I have a j32a3 installed in a swapped (non-honda) vehicle. I am currently running on the stock 04-06 ECU but mine fried and i would like to upgrade to something tunable. The question is if I just run the red and white wires for the CAN-L and CAN-H from the OBD port to the appropriate pins on the ECU connectors, will the CAN communication work? The current harness is a factory harness 04-06TL that has been modified for standalone use.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 07-08 TL ecu swap CAN question

Post by Spunkster »

No that will not work.
BB_Rides

Post by BB_Rides »

Ok, so what are my options to run the 07-08 ecu?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We no longer offer the adapter needed, as it has been discontinued.
Tootsee

Post by Tootsee »

What’s the name of the adapter
Ayesuh

Post by Ayesuh »

Boomslang sells an adapter for 7th gen accord V6 that does have a CAN tap to an 07-08 ecu, so im positive its possible, i can link a picture in the morning of the pinout for it

Boomslang made that adapter since hondata discontinued it for the 7th gen v6 accord, and also as a solution for us to not have to remove the passenger airbag to tap into the CAN bus

Dont know if itll work exactly as planned, but im sure that design was made for a reason
matchew50

Post by matchew50 »

so I'm currently running into this issue as well with the boomslang adapter, have everything hooked up as it should be but hondata says there is no ecu connected and I've triple checked everything is plugged in and snug. i ordered the whole ignition switch assembly with key fob, and ecu supposedly all immobilized together with the boomslang adapter but immobilizer symbol stays flashing. Very confusing since everything electrical works fine radio and AC included.
Ayesuh

Post by Ayesuh »

The ecu needs to vin match the immobilizer
matchew50

Post by matchew50 »

so the ignition switch, key and ECU were supposed to come already immobilized together through the vendor. so if the case is that they aren't properly immobilized together, I would then need to get that scanner, immobilize the key, ignition switch and ecu together and then it should be able to read the VIN and i can then lock the ecu to my flashpro? i can take pics later when i get home of the install.