2008 Fit MT HKS turbo kit WOT Lambda adjustment tables

2007-2008 Fit
sleepingAwake

2008 Fit MT HKS turbo kit WOT Lambda adjustment tables

Post by sleepingAwake »

Hello I'm finally installing an HKS turbo kit.
2008 Honda Fit MT
Ditching the piggyback system it came with entirely. I've made a 4bar map sensor using a genuine MPXH6400A sensor. MTX-l wideband.

I'm trying to further understand the Fit ECU logic and my question pertains to the WOT Lambda adjustment tables.

According to the Flashpro calibrations for turbo and supercharged fits WOT is trigged whenever the MAP sees positive pressure >=1bar.
I look at the WOT lambda adjustment table and think in my situation that's where I would input my target of 11.5-11.3 during WOT open loop.
Knowing full well the factory O2 sensor cant read that high and relying on my MTX-L wideband for correct AFR readings.

Wouldnt I start by changing the WOT lambda adjustment tables first for my WOT open loop AFR target of 11.3-11.5 and then tune the Fuel Low and Fuel high tables to hit the correct and desired AFR during Closed loop low/high load? Or is WOT lambda adjustment not even referenced on a MAP based setup?

I've read comments from Hondata in other topics stating the table was used for WOT open loop but also that it wasnt used in a MAP based setup. So I'm a little confused. viewtopic.php?t=9624

Thanks for your time.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2008 Fit MT HKS turbo kit WOT Lambda adjustment tables

Post by Spunkster »

The Fit always had MAP based tuning so it will still use the WOT tables. This is not a MAF vehicle which we have added MAP based tuning.
sleepingAwake

Post by sleepingAwake »

Alright I put my target open loop AFR there.
Thanks.
kraftwerksfit

Post by kraftwerksfit »

Actually the OEM WB sensor is very accurate... Really only reason for separate WB is to verify the reading. Reading off the same exhaust port they are within .1to .2 AFR (negligible)of reading exactly the same in my logs (AEM UEGO analog WB).

The WOT target table is used for lambda overlay in the fuel tables. If you switch overlay it will show you the percentage correction you need to add or subtract for each cell to hit your target in AFR corresponding to that table.

TLDR: OEM WB is perfectly fine to tune off of.
kraftwerksfit

Post by kraftwerksfit »

I reread your post again and just wanted to hit a couple more points you may be unclear on.

1.) WOT window pressure can be adjusted as well as the other parameters that need to be met to activate the switchover from closed to open loop.

2.) Closed loop target AFR is done in the closed loop tab IIRC it is load based so low/med/high, you can set the target for each.(ECU will adjust fueling to hit target automatically as long as close loop % adjustment window is set high/low enough to compensate). Example -50% / +50% referenced as STFT. I personally zero out LTFT corrections as it is counterproductive to tuning.

3.) The WOT target tables do absolutely nothing automatically. When in open loop the fueling is going to be exactly what the cell data is in fuel tables + the modifiers (air, coolant compensation). It is 100% up to you to use the overly in the fuel tables that references the WOT target table then adjust each individual fuel cell appropriately. This % calculation will only populate once the cell has been referenced to compare against say while live tuning or referencing a data log.

Hopefully that makes tuning more clear.👍
sleepingAwake

Post by sleepingAwake »

kraftwerksfit wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:48 am I reread your post again and just wanted to hit a couple more points you may be unclear on.

1.) WOT window pressure can be adjusted as well as the other parameters that need to be met to activate the switchover from closed to open loop.

2.) Closed loop target AFR is done in the closed loop tab IIRC it is load based so low/med/high, you can set the target for each.(ECU will adjust fueling to hit target automatically as long as close loop % adjustment window is set high/low enough to compensate). Example -50% / +50% referenced as STFT. I personally zero out LTFT corrections as it is counterproductive to tuning.

3.) The WOT target tables do absolutely nothing automatically. When in open loop the fueling is going to be exactly what the cell data is in fuel tables + the modifiers (air, coolant compensation). It is 100% up to you to use the overly in the fuel tables that references the WOT target table then adjust each individual fuel cell appropriately. This % calculation will only populate once the cell has been referenced to compare against say while live tuning or referencing a data log.

Hopefully that makes tuning more clear.👍
Thanks for the reply. Your post did indeed make tuning more clear.
TurboFit pulls like an animal. 4.5psi peak and the stock clutch is holding on for dear life at times.