Full pump duty on basemap

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
metuskale

Full pump duty on basemap

Post by metuskale »

Hello guys, first of all hello to everyone. I am based in Barcelona, Spain. This is the first map I have loaded into my 2017's FK8. I have a PRL admission (stock maf housing), Invidia R400 exhaust and a few other mods not engine related.

I have logged a small pull in the highway and I have a concern about the fuel pump reaching the 100% and the DIFP and DIFPCMD to have a difference of 200psi at some points.

Also, I have noticied that the MAP is reading 26.2PSI which seems a quite lot to me but as I am not an expert I prefer to ask.

Please, could someone tell me if this is OK, or if I should make some adjustments to the base map?

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Datalog-230507-001.fpdl
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (96.81 KiB) Viewed 3270 times
Rares

Re: Full pump duty on basemap

Post by Rares »

From what I see in the log I can figure out what calibration you are using and I can tell you that from my experience it is very aggressive for a stock car (without downpipe and intercooler) and without adjusting it for your car.
The simplest and safest way would be to use the US calibration, for 93 octane (93 octane in US is equivalent of 98RON in Europe).
Otherwise, you need a custom tune.

The car does 27.5-28psi and in a pull to redline the temperature of the air after the intercooler will increase rapidly.

Also, you have some nasty AF oscilations which means that you will need a calibration of the MAF
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.27.40.png
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.27.40.png (26.57 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
If you want to keep this calibration, start by reducing the Aircharge or torque request by 5-10% between 4-5k rpm and reduce the overall fuel trim by approx. 7%.
metuskale

Post by metuskale »

Rares wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:23 am From what I see in the log I can figure out what calibration you are using and I can tell you that from my experience it is very aggressive for a stock car (without downpipe and intercooler) and without adjusting it for your car.
The simplest and safest way would be to use the US calibration, for 93 octane (93 octane in US is equivalent of 98RON in Europe).
Otherwise, you need a custom tune.

The car does 27.5-28psi and in a pull to redline the temperature of the air after the intercooler will increase rapidly.

Also, you have some nasty AF oscilations which means that you will need a calibration of the MAF
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.27.40.png

If you want to keep this calibration, start by reducing the Aircharge or torque request by 5-10% between 4-5k rpm and reduce the overall fuel trim by approx. 7%.
Thank you so much for your quick response.
I used the 93 octane and only added the PRL HVI check and exhaust check.
I have seen that it also marks some options like 7200rpm limit and boost increase.
Should I charge directly the 93 octane without adding the intake and exhaust? Or may I disable that checks that provide more boost according to the description and limit the rpm to 7000?

I don't want to fine tune my car until I have finished adding parts because at least here in Spain the tuner is charging for every change made.

Appart from that AF oscillations (I didn't think about it TBH) and fuel pump duty is there anything else I must check after changing the map?

Again, thank you so much
Rares

Post by Rares »

Attach the calibration and I can help you with some small adjustments. If you have other logs, you can attach them as well.
FK8_Hoonigan

Post by FK8_Hoonigan »

Buenos dias

Rares is on it for you....

but ideally you dont want to be above around 92-94% (thats already pump maxed out)
Your maxing out during peak TQ on stock turbo (around 4000 rpms or so)
So the cells around 3800-4200 can be brought down just a bit and reduce that

I agree, this is a bit agressive for non intercooled. non downpipe.... Would suggest dropping all TQ request at WOT by about 20N.M until further mods are done.
2021 R-39464
metuskale

Post by metuskale »

Please, find the calibration attached. I don't have any other log file atm.
If you don't mind, how do you reduce the requested torque? I have looking at hondata tuning guide but I don't want to touch any table on my own.

Thank you so much.
Attachments
first cal.fpcal
(20.17 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Rares

Post by Rares »

This should be better (safer)
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 17.43.53.png
Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 17.43.53.png (29.52 KiB) Viewed 3234 times
Attachments
first cal - improved.fpcal
(20.27 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
metuskale

Post by metuskale »

Thank you so much, I will upload the calibration into the ECU ASAP and log again.
May I ask how did modify it? I guess that those 16 changes in 3rd gear and 7 in 4th, 5th and 6th are updates on the ¿¿X?? table(s)?
I would like to understand the changes if you don't mind.

Again, thank you
Rares

Post by Rares »

Yes you are right. I reduced the torque request more in gear 3 and less in gears 4, 5, 6.
metuskale

Post by metuskale »

Yeah, thank you. I have seen the changes in tables.
I have a few other questions:

1. Should I check the pump gas 10% ethanol? Here in Spain the 98 octane has 10% ethanol.

2. How did you set the overall fuel trim? I can not find it.

3. Which is the table name of the AFM flow?

Thank you and sorry for bothering you.
Rares

Post by Rares »

Your trims were negative towards -7%, that's why I removed the correction for 10% ethanol (Fuel section), so you don't need to check it again. AFM flow (MAF scale) is under Sensors section. Now it's a "custom" scale, you don't need to reselect PRL Intake, but you can improve the scale over time.