Can't find help on FD2 Type R ECU swap into my FA5

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
ajpturbopittsburgh

Can't find help on FD2 Type R ECU swap into my FA5

Post by ajpturbopittsburgh »

I was going to try to put an FD2 type R ECU into my FA5 to see if I can get the Type R upper and lower guages to work that I already have.

If I return to stock on my original ECU will that unlock my flashpro so that I can flash the new Type R ECU?

It is my understanding that the Type R gauges do not work in my FA5 beause of the computer.

I have hooked them up when I got them but the fuel level wasn't working also the speedo but the tach worked. So I wanted to try the Type R ECU to see what happens but don't want to buy one if I won't be able to flash with my flashpro.

People in America would love these gauges if we could get them to work. The harnesses on the backs of the gauges are identical so I thought everything was going to work fine but they didn't

Thanks
yungming

Post by yungming »

You cannot use the FlashPro unit on FD2R ECU if your FlashPro is US based FlashPro

Unless you have a INTernational FlashPro unit, then you can unlock your FA5 ECU and lock it to FD2R ECU
ajpturbopittsburgh

Ok so if I buy a new flashpro and the type R ECU I would be able to flash the ECU?

Will the harnesses from my car plug into the back of the Type R ECU?

All I really want is the 8500rpm redline type r gauge and the vtec indicato to work in my car since I already spent 800 bucks on the gauges.

I don't get why this is so difficult.
yungming

Post by yungming »

you can directly plug in FD2R ECU into your FA5, the pinout are the same or similar

the reason why you cannot use the FD2R speedo and tacho is because Civic Si are calculating using MPH while JDM are using KMH, the signal to the dash/speedo/tacho is different in the ECU, this is why you cannot run the FD2R speedo/tacho

if you need more information, you can contact me at babyk88 (at) gmail dot com
ajpturbopittsburgh

I've heard that if I use the FD2 civic type R 650cc civic si race demo 0 calibration it may make the gauges work. Can anyone speak to this?

When I open the fp manager and select new calibration I can find this calibration.

Sorry to be persistent hondata but I've already contacted my dealer and the FD2 type R gauges are out of his realm of knowledge.

If I bought the type R ecu are there modules that can be swapped into my ECU to make the guages work?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not supported by Hondata.
ajpturbopittsburgh

Pretty vague.

What is not supported by Hondata?

Switching modules between ECU's or trying to flash a type R ecu with a U.S flashpro or using one of the Type R calibrations that came with my U.S. based flashpro to flash my stock ECU?
ajpturbopittsburgh

Man I'm good at stumping Hondata. I've done it on 3 threads!
Bianca_2424

Re: Can't find help on FD2 Type R ECU swap into my FA5

Post by Bianca_2424 »

I know this is a really old thread but was
Wondering if you ever got the upper n lower fd2 gauges to work? Did you ever try it with the fd2 ecu, had my gauges for awhile now but never got around to trying it on. Can get my hands on a fd2 ecu if needed but for alot of coin, wondering what i might lose with the usdm vs jdm ecu. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
UkJcw

Re: Can't find help on FD2 Type R ECU swap into my FA5

Post by UkJcw »

Hello someone to find how to operate the FD2 R set