Basemap help 2013 si sk2 cia 3'' full exhaust

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
mkaustin19

Basemap help 2013 si sk2 cia 3'' full exhaust

Post by mkaustin19 »

new to this whole tuning thing car has a little hesitation around 5k rpm any help with a basemap
mkaustin19

Re: Basemap help 2013 si sk2 cia 3'' full exhaust

Post by mkaustin19 »

got a log with some cruising and WOT 3rd gear pulls i noticed 4700-5500 the duty is 93% car also has a system too rich code what do i need to do here take out fuel? car also has a skunk2 header heres the log and map
Attachments
3rd gear WOT and Cruising.fpdl
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 101 times
STOCK BASE 4500 VTEC.fpcal
(21.3 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
mkaustin19

Post by mkaustin19 »

little update car drives fine for a few mins then traction control light comes on so does the check power steering could this be maf related or something with tune tried it on stock base map still same results
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Welcome to the forum,

When running an aftermarket intake it is best practice to switch to a speed density calibration because the MAF does not read properly at WOT.

You can make adjustments to the MAF to reduce the fuel at part throttle for now until you get properly tuned. You can also look for a speed density based tune and dial that in as well.

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
mkaustin19

Post by mkaustin19 »

sorry for the ignorance but how would i do that i’m 100% new to this but i’ve been watching some videos on it here and there im 100% down for learning to do it myself just don’t want to mess anything up i did have a maf sensor code the first day i got the car got a new one ordered but that code has since went away now anytime i try a pull over say 5k it’ll get random misfires if i don’t go over 5k there is absolutely no issue
mkaustin19

Post by mkaustin19 »

mkaustin19 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:32 am sorry for the ignorance but how would i do that i’m 100% new to this but i’ve been watching some videos on it here and there im 100% down for learning to do it myself just don’t want to mess anything up i did have a maf sensor code the first day i got the car got a new one ordered but that code has since went away now anytime i try a pull over say 5k it’ll get random misfires if i don’t go over 5k there is absolutely no issue
heres the log and calibration for that run soon as i tocuh 5k rpm starts to misfire
Attachments
stock hondata reflash.fpcal
(21.24 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
datalog0005 misfire 5k rpm3rd.fpdl
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 368 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

It is having the same issue where it is going very rich.

- Ed
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

mkaustin19 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:32 am sorry for the ignorance but how would i do that i’m 100% new to this but i’ve been watching some videos on it here and there im 100% down for learning to do it myself just don’t want to mess anything up i did have a maf sensor code the first day i got the car got a new one ordered but that code has since went away now anytime i try a pull over say 5k it’ll get random misfires if i don’t go over 5k there is absolutely no issue
If you want to learn then looking for videos on youtube is good. Evans tuning has a few good ones.

To place the car in speed density you need to go to the fuel tab in the tune and then check the box next to "Use MAP fuel tables". This place the car in speed density and enables all the fuel tables. Keep in mind you will now have to dial in all of these tables.

- Ed
mkaustin19

Post by mkaustin19 »

CalibratEd wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:03 pm
If you want to learn then looking for videos on youtube is good. Evans tuning has a few good ones.

To place the car in speed density you need to go to the fuel tab in the tune and then check the box next to "Use MAP fuel tables". This place the car in speed density and enables all the fuel tables. Keep in mind you will now have to dial in all of these tables.

- Ed
i did this sunday car ran for a second then cut off im assuming cause it needs fuel tables tuned sounded like it had a mean cam would is it anyway any of you can at least make it idle in speed density i’m having no luck and not wanting to screw anything up
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

mkaustin19 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:05 pm
CalibratEd wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:03 pm

- Ed
i did this sunday car ran for a second then cut off im assuming cause it needs fuel tables tuned sounded like it had a mean cam would is it anyway any of you can at least make it idle in speed density i’m having no luck and not wanting to screw anything up
Post the calibration and a datalog. This way i or anyone else can better help you.

-Ed
mkaustin19

Post by mkaustin19 »

i’ll do that this evening i’ve switched the car back to the original calibration that i first posted just so i can limp it to and from work (4 min drive)
mkaustin19

Post by mkaustin19 »

heres log and calibration
Attachments
datalog0007MAP_SELECTED.fpdl
(346.59 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
MAP SETTING.fpcal
(21.12 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
mkaustin19

Post by mkaustin19 »

here’s another log same issue with misfire what do i need to adjust
Attachments
datalog0009baileyy.fpdl
(209.99 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

mkaustin19 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:18 am here’s another log same issue with misfire what do i need to adjust
You need to adjust your fueling. See where fuel needs to be reduced and adjust accordingly. Also if the tune says to not disbale the AFM do not. You can have the AFM active and run speed density. In other words both boxes need to be checked.

-Ed