nitrous wiring issues........need some help please

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
nchatch

nitrous wiring issues........need some help please

Post by nchatch »

okay, i have an s200 and took out my old wet kit, which was activated via microswitch and put in a dry kit to run it thru hondata

I HAVE FOLLOWED THE WIRING DIAGRAM EXACTLY! and what i get is my solenoids coming on as soon as it is hooked up, even with the key off.

i made sure i had everything labeled like it was supposed to, and because my fuel pump is so loud i never heard the solenoid click and it stayed wide open till it burned up :x not cool.

so i pulled it all out, started over switched all my hookups to new ones, and i get the same thing. i have it pinned out on the ecu properly as well.

im lost!

i had an engineer check my stuff, a buddy who does stereos for best buy, and me checking all my work

i searched and found some similar issues, so what is the verdict?

i got to the point where i was going to just pin the vtec output to a relay and only have nitrous when vtec came in, cause i am so frustrated with this

mike
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Go to help and about and tell us what version of software you have.
Dariusz

Post by Dariusz »

My friend, you need to program the chip first with the in/out options to the N2O in the rom editor, if not all time the signal can be on and the solenoid act in consecuence, other detail is the use of relays.
nchatch

Post by nchatch »

sorry for the late reply,

VERSION 3.6.1 for romeditor

as far as choosing the options of nitrous master on/off and activation, i am trying to do it while romulating so i can add/remove fuel as i tune
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to use the most recent version of ROmeditor, which is 3.6.4. You can download that from the form. Instructions on how to get access can be found at http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1299
nchatch

Post by nchatch »

will try that
nchatch

Post by nchatch »

or 3.6.5