Retrieve Calibrations

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
GIFF5323

Retrieve Calibrations

Post by GIFF5323 »

I recently had my Car (02 Civic SI, JRSC-R / K-Pro) tuned at Slow Motion MotorSports in Columbus, Ohio and the Tuner hasn't sent me my Tune calibration yet via e-mail. I have been getting a good deal of DTCs centered on misfires in cylinders and random misfires along with a heavy knock count on my datalogs but I have no idea what my calibration settings are. Is there anyway to retrieve current settings from the ECU so I don't destroy my "tuned" engine before it blows up? My DTCs and Knock count make me question my tuner.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

First I would recommend contacting your tuner. Make sure you download the latest version of th e software (version 1.2.1.7), then you can try downloading the calibration from the ecu. This is not recommended, but if you cannot get teh calibration from your tuner, then this is your only other option. Your tuner should look at the car and possibly retune it if there is in fact a problem.
GIFF5323

Post by GIFF5323 »

Unfortunately I have contacted my tuner 4 times and the answer has been, "It is on our list to do" or "the tuner is not in and he is the only one that can get the info." I understand those guys are busy but I don't want to drive my car while.

I live in Oklahoma and had them tune it in Ohio because I went home for a visit and the tuner was on the Hondata website. I give the guys the benefit of the doubt but the number of DTCs I am getting and the Knock count make me worry.

Is there a HONDATA moderator that can recommend a good company to tune a car near OKLAHOMA somewhere incase I don't get the calibrations. I may just have to have it retuned.
GIFF5323

Post by GIFF5323 »

I finally received my calibration settings for my tune and the tuner made some minor changes to offset the detonation problems. I will upload the new calibrations so everyone can take a look. I hope the new modifications reduce the knock count and misfire CELs. I'll post a datalog and we'll see what happens.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have a K-Pro you can make minor changes yourself to try and resolve these problems.
GIFF5323

Post by GIFF5323 »

Totally agree... now that I have something to adjust. Here is a copy of the calibration.

I have also noticed that the misfire cel occurs around idle. I have posted a 2 minute datalog of my idle to see if anyone has any ideas. When the car idles it kinda of sounds rough...poppy. I also get a bit of expelled gas out of the exhaust until it heats up.
Attachments
8 Jul 06.kdl
(259.32 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
MARCEP~1.KAL
(44.16 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Last edited by GIFF5323 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIFF5323

Post by GIFF5323 »

Spunkster. Mind taking a look at my calibration and see if anything jumps out at you that you think I should adjust or look at?

Also, when the car was tuned Closed Loop should have been disbaled. After tuning was complete should the closed loop be checked in K-Pro? If I understand the HONDATA website, the engine goes into open loop under heavy load so the calibrations input by thetuner should take over...right?

Then the car goes back to closed loop under light load.

Thanks.
ce

Post by ce »

when tuning you must disable closed loop.

Afterwards you enable it again.
K is king