Problem with s300 and JRSC Prelude

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
ludechopper

Problem with s300 and JRSC Prelude

Post by ludechopper »

i have a 2000 prelude with a jackson racing sc, intake, header, exhaust, msd 6al and blaster 2 coil, rc 550cc injectors. I just installed my new s300 (in p28 ecu). Before I started I did not have any error codes. After I got the s300 and injectors installed now I have error code 9 (cylinder sensor). I am running the h22 with jrsc and 550 cc inj cal. Is there some kind of setting that I have wrong. Can anyone help me. I have attached a copy of my cal
thanks Jacob
Attachments
h22supercharger550.skl
(15.8 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Check the Helms manual against the wiring of a Civic or Integra. We have found that some Preludes have the CYL sensors wired backwards.
ludechopper

Post by ludechopper »

so would I just need to swap 2 wires? does anyone know what wires I have the manual for a prelude but not for the civic
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Just look in teh 2001 PRelude book, it should have all info from 97 to 2001 and there is obviously some minor change in there.
ludechopper

Post by ludechopper »

I swaped the two wires and nothing happened I still get the same error. I trouble shot the sensor and wiring harness and everything was ok. There is a yellow wire and a black wire do you know what pin each of them should be going to on the p28 I know where they are on my wiring harness. Just a question I am still using my obd2 dizzy and the injectors are for obd2 is all of that ok or did I need to swap all that to obd1
thanks
Last edited by ludechopper on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

ludechopper

Post by ludechopper »

I have the wires right the cyp m is to the cyp m and cyp p is to the cyp p and I still get the check engine light have you got any other ideas on what is happening and will it hurt for me to drive the car this way. It seems to be running pretty well if only the check engine light would go away
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The car will be in limp mode with that error. You will need to resolve this error before attempting to tune the vehicle.

Have any other aftermarket electronics been installed in this car?

We have had this reproted in a few isolated cases, and there never has been a concrete reason why 1 in 20 Preludes does this.
ludechopper

Post by ludechopper »

the only other electronics is a msd 6al but that is it

so when I get this fixed it will run better?