PRC vs PRB on JDM Integra Type R

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
nzitr

PRC vs PRB on JDM Integra Type R

Post by nzitr »

I have a 2001 JDM Integra Type R and want to get K-Pro.

Instead of the delay in sending my PRC computer to the US from New Zealand I'm thinking about purchasing a PRB one locally that is already done. Searching seems to show that the PRB with K-Pro will be fine for my car but I wanted to understand if there will be any advantage to sticking to the PRC as the basis of my K-Pro setup.

Regards,

David.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

A PRB ECU will work. The PRB and PRC are the same, apart from the PRB having more inputs and outputs for US emissions.
Hondata
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

Slightly offtopic here, but will a K-Pro'd PRD ECU (JDM CTR) work in a JDM Integra Type-R or in a RSX-S? All I know is that all these ECUs (PRB,PRC and PRD) use a wideband lambda.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

PRC and PRD are identical.
Hondata
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

Hondata wrote:PRC and PRD are identical.
Are they identical as standard or only when K-Pro'd? So can you use a standard PRD ECU instead of PRC in a DC5 ITR?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Never compared the PRC and PRD factory calibrations - my reference was that 'the PRC and PRD hardware is identical'. I suspect that the PRC and PRD calibrations are very close as the only difference between the vehicles is the exhaust, and that is fairly minor.
Hondata
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

Ok, thank you for this clarification!
nzitr

Post by nzitr »

As it happens I found another dealer here that has loaned me a PRD ecu while my PRC is being sent to get modified.

The PRD feels a little more responsive but this may be due to the resultant ecu reset.