USDM RSX-S ECU and K-Pro on Euro Civic Type-R - Questions

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
n0stra

USDM RSX-S ECU and K-Pro on Euro Civic Type-R - Questions

Post by n0stra »

Im planning on getting a K-pro, only thing is that i have some questions i havent found any real answer to:

- do you remove the immobilizer function when installing a k-pro with ecu?
- i was planning on getting a USDM rsx type-s ecu with usdm k-pro to get more accurate information, to do this i need a wideband lambda, only problem is, do i have to use the honda usdm one or can i get the aem instead? The euro type-r has only a narrowband sensor
- the engine management light, is there any way to remove this problem without disabling the alarm function all together? I havent figured out if the fix mentioned disables the whole thing so that i wont be able to get warnings if something do really happend.
- with my setup atm, what would be the best map? Im planning on getting it dynoed and tunes properly but not until some more stuff is installed. Its quite expensive (1000USD) to get your car tuned over here so i dont want to do it several times whenever i change something.

Finally, any cons at all when getting a k-pro ?
03 Euro Honda Civic Type-R
Mugen Air Intake - Fujitsubo RM-01A Exhaust - Toda Racing Exhaust Manifold
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: USDM RSX-S ECU and K-Pro on Euro Civic Type-R - Question

Post by Hondata »

- do you remove the immobilizer function when installing a k-pro with ecu?

No. However, swapping to a different ECU means that you have to get the ECU re-keyed to the vehcile at a Honda dealer.
- i was planning on getting a USDM rsx type-s ecu with usdm k-pro to get more accurate information, to do this i need a wideband lambda, only problem is, do i have to use the honda usdm one or can i get the aem instead? The euro type-r has only a narrowband sensor
A wideband lambda is actually the combination of the oxygen sensor and the lambda controller. The controller is built into the ECU, so you must us the oxygen sensor which is matched to the controller - which is the US oxygen sensor. The vehicle must be re-wired for the US oxygen sensor, which is something we do not support, but I believe that a number of people has done the modification successfully.
- the engine management light, is there any way to remove this problem without disabling the alarm function all together? I havent figured out if the fix mentioned disables the whole thing so that i wont be able to get warnings if something do really happend.
Check engine light? Behaves normally, and I'm not sure what problem you're getting at the moment.
- with my setup atm, what would be the best map? Im planning on getting it dynoed and tunes properly but not until some more stuff is installed. Its quite expensive (1000USD) to get your car tuned over here so i dont want to do it several times whenever i change something.
What is your setup, and what are your planned modifications?
Finally, any cons at all when getting a k-pro ?
People are jealous.
Hondata
n0stra

Post by n0stra »

i just know that alot of people in europe (the ctr people often use the usdm rsxs ecu to be able to tune themselves, its supposed to be impossible to do correctly with the narrowband ecu/sensors) get check cell light when inserting the usdm k-pro rsxs combo. Perhaps this is when they dont get the usdm o2 sensor also?

My setup is the same mentioned in my signature:

Mugen Air Intake - Toda Racing Exhaust Manifold - Fujitsubo RM-01A exhaust system (the toda is a 4-2-1 system with built in testpipe).
Malaka

Post by Malaka »

I have done US Kpro installation - no big problems.
You should disable the imobilaser and OBD functions to switch off the check engine light - it can be easily done in K manager.
Also use the PRB toda header calibration in your car for - don't forget to tune it :wink:
n0stra

Post by n0stra »

would it be impossible to use the PRB without replacing the narrowband o2 with a wideband? Problem is that the company i bought the denso OEM wideband cant deliver for a month :( and im taking the car to a trackmeet before that time. (got a euro type-r and i have bought a usdm PRB ecu with kpro).
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You will have to put the ecu into open loop, but you will also have to properly tune the car on the dyno to make sure that yoru A/F is perfect in all areas of driving or you may damage the engine.
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

In the "K20 UK Civic to PRB wideband O2 wiring"-instructions provided by Hondata, the following is mentioned:
Hondata wrote:Connector E4 grounds both the front and rear oxygen sensors. If you wish to continue running the rear 02 sensor you will need to run another wire from E4 to ground it. The rear O2 is used only for measuring catalytic converter efficiency.
Does this mean that a simple jumper wire betweem A16 and E4 can be used for grounding the rear O2? Or do I need to run a grounding wire all the way from the sensor connector as the front O2 is measuring current in the circuit.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Only wire it EXACTLY as the instructions say.
jostrom

Post by jostrom »

Ahh, my bad english again. Sorry! So I need to run a wire from the E4 to the lambda connector? Or to find where the rear O2 lambda ground wire is in the harness and run that to E4?