k20A3 Skunk 2 Stage 1 cams question

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Mystery1

k20A3 Skunk 2 Stage 1 cams question

Post by Mystery1 »

Well i have a A3 motor with skunk2 stage 1 cams installed and need a good map to start off with...anyone have any suggestions on where to start with as for a map...here is my set up

02 honda civic si

K20A3 motor
Skunk 2 stage 1 cams
DC raceheader
PRB intake manifold
65mm Throttle body
3 inch intake
A2 harmonic balancer
thermal research cat back
ACT Prolite Lighted Fly wheel
Clutch Master stage 4 clutch
50 Shot nitrous
K-Pro

This is all i have as for the motor upgrades....any suggestions on what map to use to start with or even upgrades on parts i should add to get some added power would be kool too...thanx in advance guys

JaY
bts

Post by bts »

yeah does any body have any starting point for cams skunk 2 stage 1 in particular.

jay, right now I;m using th ehigh octane a3 kal with s2 stage 1, megan header, test pipe, s2 cat back(all 2.5), s2 valve springs. It runs a hell of alot stronger than it use to but I am no expert on tuning and from what I understand it is probably running lean. So yeah help anyone. peace.
Brian
Mystery1

Post by Mystery1 »

i am using the high octane map for the a3 motor but i must say i am getting knocks like no other!!!!!

I need this to get fixed...im gonna be doing some dyno tuning tomorrow and see what i can come up with and see how much i need to adjust the cam angle...i am getting bad knocks during light accerlations but once its at WOT or anything about 20 percent throttle it goes way...dunno what to do but i will learn i guess

JaY
wrussi

Post by wrussi »

Mystery1 wrote:i am using the high octane map for the a3 motor but i must say i am getting knocks like no other!!!!!

I need this to get fixed...im gonna be doing some dyno tuning tomorrow and see what i can come up with and see how much i need to adjust the cam angle...i am getting bad knocks during light accerlations but once its at WOT or anything about 20 percent throttle it goes way...dunno what to do but i will learn i guess

JaY
i would start off with the a3 base
1. tune for a/f doing 3rd gear pulls
2. WATCH FOR KNOCKS if you are getting knocks retard ignition troughout all cam angles
3. when you have your a/f set
start advancing with ignition until you start getting knocks on 3rd gear pulls.

that will be set for a base skunk 2 map while you get the car dyno tuned..