boost control issue

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
high_octane

Post by high_octane »

do i just put o% if i just want to run wastegate spring.
thudreem

Post by thudreem »

high_octane wrote:do i just put o% if i just want to run wastegate spring.
I put 0% in the fields and my car would run max boost for some reason. I put 5% in the fields and ran boost pressure set from the wastegate spring!!
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

so i have tryed switching the boost source from the charge pipe to the manifold, it didnt make any differance, i also tryed the gear dependent boost settings gear dependent works but it still creeps like mad, i had a small exhuast leak at my wastegate, changed with a new gasket and that didnt fix it either, im thinking its the GM solenoid, i bought it brand new from GM, what else can it be? i had the AVCR in the car before and NEVER had any issues the wastegate flange is located in the collector, and im using a tial 38mm anyone i really need to get this thing to hold a steady boost level, it creeps at the last 1500 RPM before the rev limiter...
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

have you tried bypassing the solenoid and hook directly to the wastegate?
92 civic Si
best et:9.43best mph:164
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

sorry for double post
Last edited by turbotypeR on Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
92 civic Si
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

Yes, it dosent creep on WG spring it holds 9psi, the problem is related to the duty cycle i set, like it creeps much worse if i up the duty 1% above 20 i set it at 20 it will hardly boost over WG but it still creeps to like 14 15psi upping the duty just makes the creeping worse....
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

my car has been creeping too.i thought it was not enough wastegate.i just changed from the gm solenoid to the aem but haven't used it yet.i plan on trying to set it up this weekend.i will let you know if anything changed
92 civic Si
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

Well i changed my solenoid im using my AVCR solenoid now, and its MUCH better i get a bit of creep... like 1-2 psi but much better than before... i still think somethings off tho... for having a big stroke 2.0L i think i should be spooling my BB GT30R better... im gonna try a manual boost controller next just to mess around....
thudreem

Post by thudreem »

turbotypeR wrote:my car has been creeping too.i thought it was not enough wastegate.i just changed from the gm solenoid to the aem but haven't used it yet.i plan on trying to set it up this weekend.i will let you know if anything changed
I would like to know as well if the AEM solenoid helped.
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

i went to the track last night and was logging my boost, i have it on a set duty cycle no gear dependent, and it only boost like 10psi in 2nd gear and about 11ish in 3rd and will creep and hold 15psi in the end of 3rd and all the way thru 4th i dunno but i may ditch this hondata boost control it just dosent work that great never had any issues before.... hondata care to chime in on anything else i could try??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

b20luda wrote:i went to the track last night and was logging my boost, i have it on a set duty cycle no gear dependent, and it only boost like 10psi in 2nd gear and about 11ish in 3rd and will creep and hold 15psi in the end of 3rd and all the way thru 4th i dunno but i may ditch this hondata boost control it just dosent work that great never had any issues before.... hondata care to chime in on anything else i could try??
You just said you aren't using the gear bassed control and are compainign that using the set duty cycle does not work well. You really should set up the gear based boost control and you will be able to better control your setup.
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

Spunkster wrote:
b20luda wrote:i went to the track last night and was logging my boost, i have it on a set duty cycle no gear dependent, and it only boost like 10psi in 2nd gear and about 11ish in 3rd and will creep and hold 15psi in the end of 3rd and all the way thru 4th i dunno but i may ditch this hondata boost control it just dosent work that great never had any issues before.... hondata care to chime in on anything else i could try??
You just said you aren't using the gear bassed control and are compainign that using the set duty cycle does not work well. You really should set up the gear based boost control and you will be able to better control your setup.
I was using it with my street tires, but i was on slicks at the track so i wanted full boost in every gear whats the point of a fix duty then??

I understand what your saying about the gear dependent and being able to control the boost better..... but whats fixed duty for??
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

Alright so i tryed a manual boost controller.... the boost comes on SOO much faster and harder i had to go in and retune areas that used to never see boost... i dont get ANY creep... just a slight spike of 1-3 psi and it will hold what ever boost level i set....

So i dunno what the deal is with my hondata boost control but it just dosent work quite right... the car hasnt spooled like this before..

Hondata going to do any software changes/modifications for the boost control area in the future?? it seems im not the only one with issues...??

I would really like the convience of EBC but it was killing my spool and would hold boost... im excited to go to the track again...i ran 12.7@111mph with the creeping issues..
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It has worked fine on the cars here, but we did have to change where the pressure lines were plumbed into the manifold/turbo discharge.
Hondata
sq_creations

Post by sq_creations »

what I have found while messing with mine is. It works really good within 15 percent of the wastegate spring. I use boost by gear and compensate for the creep to. so if you know that at the same duty cycle its going to higher in 4 compared to 3rd compensate for it. In my case I wanted to run 15 in 1st 18 in 2nd and 22 in 3rd & 4th. Im running a 1 bar spring so. I set the gears to 15.2 in 1st (i also saw full boost if set to 0) then 18 in 2nd, 22 in 3rd then 21.5 in 4th. It worked pretty good for me to. I would highly recomend the biggest wastegate spring you can for spool up time. My 15 psi spring spools up 2k rpm quicker then 9 psi spring did.