Idle problem with IAC

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
planetspeed

Idle problem with IAC

Post by planetspeed »

Hi again guys! I tried to set the idle following every step on the Help contents re:Idle setting on my stock B18c5 running a stockjdmp72 cal file with 370cc current injector size under fuel trim tab.My question is I can't get the car to idle at 850rpm after I hook back the IAC socket and clearing the error code.It remains at 500rpm.when a/c switches on, the engine stalls from the addtl.a/c load..what would have caused this? also, during one of my idle setting tries, I didn't get a CEL after removing the IAC socket prior to adjusting the bypass screw to idle at 450rpm as stated in the Help tab in setting idle.Hope to hear from you.Thank you.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like your idle controller is not working or you have damaged the idle control portion of the ecu. Try the ecu in a known good vehicle.
planetspeed

Post by planetspeed »

Hi Spunks! I tried to swap IAC's from a known functioning engine but the problem is still there.I even tried to remove the IAC socket and powered the IAC with pure positive power to open it fully expecting it to raise engine speed.if you're correct by damaging the idle speed control circuit, do i have to send my ecu back to Hondata?Thank you.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to try your ecu in a known good vehicle. If the ecu is damaged, there is nothing Hondata can do. You will have to use a different ecu.
mike93hatch

Re: Idle problem with IAC

Post by mike93hatch »

planetspeed wrote:running a stockjdmp72 cal file with 370cc current injector size under fuel trim tab.
it sounds like you either need to get your car actually dyno tuned or put your stock injectors back in. why do you need 370cc?