problem getting online

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
vteczone

problem getting online

Post by vteczone »

bought a new laptop,window xpHome. downloaded latest smanager,connect it to my s300 but cant get online.did everything that was mentioned in the trouble shooting for s300,ie updated the usb still i can get online. but when i used my old laptop,it works fine,so i dont think my ecu is having socketing problm.
so what could be the problem?thanks in advance
vteczone

Post by vteczone »

saw this thread and gonna have a go at it when i get back.
http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7863

hopefully this is the answer
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

In Smanager, go to Help, Contents, under s300 installation, you will find installing USB drivers. Make sure you choose the one for your operating system and follow the instruction. It is very important that you follow the steps EXACTLY, or it will not work.
GSR230

Post by GSR230 »

I'm on the same boat here...I plugged the ecu up to the laptop without it being in the car and the computer doesn't come up with the usb detection popup. any suggestions?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It must be in the car with the ignition in the on position to do anything.
GSR230

Post by GSR230 »

Spunkster wrote:It must be in the car with the ignition in the on position to do anything.
But it says here....doesn't need to be in car to install driver?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That is a typo which has been fixed for future releases. It must be in the car with the key in the on position. Look at the instructions for XP, as that step is correct for both Vista and XP.
vteczone

Post by vteczone »

Spunkster wrote:In Smanager, go to Help, Contents, under s300 installation, you will find installing USB drivers. Make sure you choose the one for your operating system and follow the instruction. It is very important that you follow the steps EXACTLY, or it will not work.
i followed up to the updating the USB.. but if u read my first thread,i said i tried connecting my old laptop to the s300,it connect with success. so i reckon it has anything to do with the ecu socketing. :(

it downloaded the new AVG still no luck.

may be something is wrong with the new laptop.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it works with another laptop, then the problem is in your operating system on the new laptop or how you installed the drivers. I would recommend uninstalling the drivers, and the software, rebooting the laptop and then reinstallign the software and make sure you follow the instructions for installing the USB drivers.
Don't Walk

Post by Don't Walk »

Try these: Make sure USB is connected to the laptop and ECU and ignition is ON position.
1. Go to Device Manager and uninstall Hondata USB driver.
2. Go to control panel and click on add hardware, follow instruction and click on "install from a list or specific location (Advanced)". click next
3. Click Browse and go to Program Files, scroll down till you find SManager, click on it and click "OK"
4. XP or Vista will now start searching for the driver.