Full Throttle Shift S300 Question

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
eightball

Full Throttle Shift S300 Question

Post by eightball »

First, thank you for such a nice product, I love my new S300 which was fully preped by Hondata. A True plug and play product. [on MSVista/00 civic ex fully built]

Question on the Full Throttle Shift setup--
Do I need to add in an external switch to be able to use this option?
Or should I use the options for Activation Input; ie "Air Conditioning Switch" to bypass installing an external switch?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

eightball
deafy

Post by deafy »

It would be very much simpler to have your clutch switch wired to the input/activation switch. That way FTS is only enabled when the clutch pedal is pressed. You do NOT want to flip a switch as that will basically set your redline to 6600 or whatever FTS is set to. This is how I have mine set up and I absolutely love it. Make sure you use the wire off the clutch switch and not the clutch interlock switch. You MAY have to invert input, just make sure your foot is completely OFF the pedal whenever racing.
1997 Prelude - under the knife.
2000 Insight - k20z3 swap, pt6262, e85. 508whp@19psi.
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

So what you are saying is that you should physically have to splice into that wire and NOT that the computer just knows that you have pressed the clutch? I thought that when you selected "Always On" that it just knew?

I also noticed that there isn't a selection labeled "Clutch Switch" or some likewise thing in the drop down menu. Just "Always On" and other switches.
deafy

Post by deafy »

Yes you have to wire the clutch switch to one of the inputs stated in SManager. I used the power steering input for mine. "Always On" would make the redline 6600 (or whatever you set it to) since it's constantly on. It needs to be turned on as you're pressing in the clutch and the clutch switch is the best way to do it. Do not connect it to the SCS wire, it will make your CEL be on all times.
peasly23

Post by peasly23 »

Can the power steering switch be used if you still have power steering? Wouldn't want it to conflict.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes it can be used with power steering.
b16_sol

Post by b16_sol »

Spunkster wrote:Yes it can be used with power steering.
How do you wire it so you can still keep both?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You just cut the wire coming from the psp switch and wire that into your switch. All the psp input does is slightly elevate the idle when you turn the wheel and there is load on the pump.
b16_sol

Post by b16_sol »

Spunkster wrote:You just cut the wire coming from the psp switch and wire that into your switch. All the psp input does is slightly elevate the idle when you turn the wheel and there is load on the pump.
So the psp wire isn't really needed? Will disconnecting it cause any issues when turning the wheel? Also, do I use the upper or lower clutch switch? do I disconnect the wire on the clutch completely or just add the extra wire to the existing wire?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should use the switch that was originally used for cruise control.
deafy

Post by deafy »

+2 to spunkster, use the cruise control switch. When you look under the dash, theres a button that the clutch pedal is already pushing onto. Thats the switch you want to wire off of.
b16_sol

Post by b16_sol »

deafy wrote:+2 to spunkster, use the cruise control switch. When you look under the dash, theres a button that the clutch pedal is already pushing onto. Thats the switch you want to wire off of.
Thanks, so it's the upper one. Do I cut it completely from where it's wired into now or add the ecu wire to the existing clutch wire so it can be used for both functions (cruise and launch control)?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It can no longer be used for cruise control. To keep cruis control functioning you will need to short the 2 wires from the plug.
deafy

Post by deafy »

I think i only snipped one wire to go to ecu and the other i left. If i remember correctly the ground wire is wired to the ecu now while the other wire gets volts.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

there shoudl be no voltage. It is a switch to ground.