Hondata ECU for 00-05 S2000

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Only if you do all the necessary wiring and add the needed relays. This is not something we support.
killer2239

Post by killer2239 »

Thanks for the info!
2004 Honda S2000
killer2239

Post by killer2239 »

Will there be an AP2 stock map provided anytime soon? Or even the AP2 map used in the 2 reflashes you have for 06+?? I know the ap1 map will run just fine, as iv used ap1 ecu in my car for a few months. But i feel for daily driving the ap2 ecu has a much better feel than the ap1 ecu.

Since i have ap2, and plan on doing this it would be nice to keep the exact ap2 stock map then tune from there.
2004 Honda S2000
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You really need to tune this on the dyno. Just uploading a base calibration and expecting everything to wrok perfectly may damage your engine. There are no immediate plans to provide an AP2 stock calibration as the AP1 can be used for both to start and begin tuning from.
Last edited by Spunkster on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
killer2239

Post by killer2239 »

Spunkster wrote:You really need to tune this on the dyno. Just uploading a base calibration and expecting everything to wrok perfectly may damage your engine. There are no immediate plans to provide an AP2 stock calibration as the AP1 can be used fro both to start and begine tuning from.
Yes i understand having it tuned for car specific. As that is my intention as well. Just curious if there would be a stock Ap2 map to start with. Thanks for the info.
2004 Honda S2000
NickJ

Post by NickJ »

With the new invent of another Street Touring SCCA Autocross class that includes the S2000 - I have run into some issues with finding a LEGAL way to get effective ECU tuning.

Reflashes of my 04 ECU is impossible
VAFC is less than desirable
EManage is not legal (per the rules, piggyback controllers can only alter inputs into the ECU, except for VTEC control; this effectively makes the EManage an overpriced VAFC)

Megasquirt is not possible because it has no way to deal with the OBD2 and emissions functionality - which MUST remain. The car must retain all feedback loops and OBD2 must function as the manufacturer intended.

KPro is out because of the requirement to basically replace every sensor on the entire engine, which is not legal.

So that leaves me with a VAFC....or is it possible to use an 06+ ECU? The way I picture this in my head is to disable all VSA functions and DBW output functions with the reflash, yet retain all the performance gains of the Hondata programming. I have not been able to find an 06+ FSM to verify wiring of the ECU.

I would think that the largest issue would be to reprogram the ECU to begin looking for a 0-5V input for the TPS. I admit - my ECU experience is limited, I have done some raw ROM and Hexedit work with Nissan ECU's, and most of my electronic experience comes from Solid State Power System Protection and Relaying - so I apologize if this question annoys some of you.

Do me a favor - I've constructed a well thought out post and I'm clearly not a 16yr old kid who's mom just bought him a car - I'd really appreciate a reply that isn't "nope sorry won't work". I'm willing to accept that it may not be possible - but it would be nice if I could get an engineering type response as to why. I would have preferred to use the phone to get an answer to this question but it appears that Hondata prefers the forum for application and product questions

Thanks

Nick Jackson
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Not every sensor has to be replaced. Only 2 sensors must be rplaced to use the K-Pro.

Swapping to a later model ECU will not work as this would require you to also change the entire wire harness of the car, the entire fuel delivery system, all gauges, AC components ETC.

If it so important to you to be able to race in this class then you should sell your car and buy an 06-09 S2000.