PLX Wideband and Lambda

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
It Revs

PLX Wideband and Lambda

Post by It Revs »

I have removed my stock O2 and replaced it with the PLX m-200, and hooked up the wideband output wire to D7 on the Stock wiring harness. I have an odb2 to odb1 adapter harness to a P28 ECU.
The HondaLogger software sees a constant 3.809v. This keeps the Lambda at a constant 14.49 in the dash display of the software no matter how fas or slow boos or no boost. What gives? Do I have the right Input wire?

Setup:
2000 Honda Prelude
JRSC @6PSI
RC 550cc
[/url]
Bitten by the boost bug
turbosi92

Re: PLX Wideband and Lambda

Post by turbosi92 »

It Revs wrote:I have removed my stock O2 and replaced it with the PLX m-200, and hooked up the wideband output wire to D7 on the Stock wiring harness. I have an odb2 to odb1 adapter harness to a P28 ECU.
The HondaLogger software sees a constant 3.809v. This keeps the Lambda at a constant 14.49 in the dash display of the software no matter how fas or slow boos or no boost. What gives? Do I have the right Input wire?

Setup:
2000 Honda Prelude
JRSC @6PSI
RC 550cc
[/url]
Sound like the same problem described here.
http://hondata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=911
It Revs

Post by It Revs »

Sound like the same problem described here.
http://hondata.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=911
Yes the exact problem.
Question? Why is Hondata letting them label this device as Tested and Approved, when clearly there is a problem with the datalogging application. Does everyone have this problem, or is this a Wideband model and/or ECU specific problem?
Bitten by the boost bug
thudreem

PLX Wideband and Lambda

Post by thudreem »

Visit this web link: http://www.plxdevices.com/PLXApp002.htm

thats for the Hondata install, you need to download the new and latest version hondalogger and rom editor, they have the selection for the PLX devices wideband in the EDIT CONVERSION TABLE in the lambda section of the SETTINGS,

And also make sure you have the white wire being fed into the ecu that is the Linear output or Wideband output, I have this hooked up in my car and works GREAT, also make sure that you have the RED and BLACK wire fed to the ecu as well, hook it up the IGN and ground off the ecu so that the ecu and the meter are seing the same results, you cannot beat this plx devices setup for 300 bucks..
It Revs

Post by It Revs »

Pretty sure that I have the latest software, hondalogger is v3.5.0.0 and the ROM editor software is v3.1.5.0

As for the the selection for the PLX devices wideband in the EDIT CONVERSION TABLE in the lambda section of the SETTINGS, are you referring to the Custom selection? I also have this set according to the instructions you refeerd to on the PLX site.

The only thing I haven't tried is grounding to the ECU. Did you ground somewhere on the harness or just on one of the screws holding down your ECU?
Bitten by the boost bug
thudreem

PLX Wideband and Lambda

Post by thudreem »

Nope, you need to download the latest versions of Hondalogger and Rom editor, they have the PLX M series listed there next to the FJO and the Motec, U DO NOT NEED THE CUSTOM TABLES, there is a selection for the PLX

As for the grounding, I tapped into the wires coming off the ECU, all my connections for the PLX device were made at the ecu harness, and make sure you solder the connections for a 100% connectivity. Other thatn that you should be good to go, also can U take a look at my post with the NEWBIE TO AUTO TUNE question. I cannot figure that out, the only thing I can think of is of I am outside a certain % from the target is that why it is not changing my values in the fuel table?????
DevineCRX

Post by DevineCRX »

Try checking your ground. I have had no problems with my plxdevices m-200.
It Revs

Post by It Revs »

thudreem wrote:Nope, you need to download the latest versions of Hondalogger and Rom editor, they have the PLX M series listed there next to the FJO and the Motec, U DO NOT NEED THE CUSTOM TABLES, there is a selection for the PLX
Do you have a link to this software? I have tried to download the software from the hondata site and end up with the same version I listed in my previous post. I have the device powered and grounded on the ecu now and am still having problems. I haven't soldered any of the connections only tapped them using a scotch lock. I'll solder now to be totally sure.
Bitten by the boost bug
thudreem

PLX Wideband

Post by thudreem »

when U go to settings, then lambda, then edit conversion table, there is a list at the top, actually a combo box that U can click on to select different Widebands, there should be one that says, " PLX M SERIES" and that should be it, also maybe you have to install the noise resistors, the blue resistors that came with the unit to block out some interference that might be causing your problem.

Also make sure that U only have the wideband output being fed to the ecu, leave the narrowband output alone, do not hook that up to anything as of now. If U still have problems email me at sean18337@yahoo.com with your phone # and I will give you a call and see what the problem is
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

It Revs wrote:
thudreem wrote:Nope, you need to download the latest versions of Hondalogger and Rom editor, they have the PLX M series listed there next to the FJO and the Motec, U DO NOT NEED THE CUSTOM TABLES, there is a selection for the PLX
Do you have a link to this software? I have tried to download the software from the hondata site and end up with the same version I listed in my previous post. I have the device powered and grounded on the ecu now and am still having problems. I haven't soldered any of the connections only tapped them using a scotch lock. I'll solder now to be totally sure.
Ah, I am not sure how you can get the same version unless you are downloading the trial version.. You need to go to:http://hondata.com/dealer/dealer.php. This is the user area of the site where you can get the latest software updates for both hondalogger and Rom Editor. By your previous post, you are way behind on your versions of the software.
thudreem

PLX Wideband

Post by thudreem »

Thats where I get all my software!!!!!
DevineCRX

Post by DevineCRX »

Does the PLX display read the correct A/F ratio? If only the hondalogger is displaying the wrong A/F, you might want to check that D7 on your stock harness goes to D14 on your OBD1 plugs. Also, you should be able to download romeditor 3.5.3 from the user area.
turbosi92

Re: PLX Wideband

Post by turbosi92 »

thudreem wrote:Thats where I get all my software!!!!!
ROMEditor 3.5.3
HondaLogger 3.5.2

Are the newest versions. I just downloaded them. If you still get the old version, you have a problem with your machine.
It Revs

UPDATE

Post by It Revs »

Did everything suggested. Soldered all connections. Hooked up power and ground to the ECU and upgraded the software to the latest rev.
The soldering fixed my voltage discrepancy problem and the software update fixed the rest.

Thanks much.
Bitten by the boost bug
thudreem

PLX Wideband

Post by thudreem »

Awsome, you got everything working, thats good, TUNE AWAY!!!