question about rev limits

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
lsvtechatch

question about rev limits

Post by lsvtechatch »

i have tried to set the rev limit on my car several times, and for some reason it still will not go past 7800rpm, i have a fully built ls/vtec motor with stage 3 hondata in my 90 hatchback, the car was converted to obd1 with a p28 ecu, what is the problem?? any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, ive tried to set the rev limit at 9000 both ways and it still cuts out at 7800, i cant figure it out... thanks
ronin

Post by ronin »

is vtec working?
Long live the silver box!
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

Vtec ain't working or water temp is not at normal operation.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747
lsvtechatch

rev limits

Post by lsvtechatch »

oh vtec is loud and clear at 6000rpm, and i can set vtec just fine, but the rev limiter still hits at 7800.....
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

Who ever had tuned your system may have set your Engine revlimit permanently so it isn't user adjustable. This can be easily reversed in Rom Editor but will require reprogramming the chip.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer
lsvtechatch

Post by lsvtechatch »

yeah it was autothority in virginia, might wanna think twice about gettin them to tune your car........... they also didnt realize the cams i had were too big for vtec to kick in at 5500 rpm, and the guy really had no idea what he was doing, my car doesnt run correctly either, its leaning out at certain throttle positions which is causing my ext temp to drop, and the car to not go until more gas is givin.....