turbo tsx, can idle be reflashed?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
scttydb411

turbo tsx, can idle be reflashed?

Post by scttydb411 »

just completed atltsx turbo tune, but want to increase idle and iacv duty. from what i gather that is controled by the stock ecu and not k-pro. it'll idle @ 750 like stock if kpro is set to 750, but if it's raised any higher it'll bounce. unfortuneately it stalls sometimes too and needs to have the iacv duty increased.

if the idle and iacv are still controled by the stock ecu, can it be sent in and reflashed to 950 or 1000 and have the iacv duty increase 10-15%?

we got 393whp 310 wtq on a dynojet btw.

attached is the dynosheet showing his comptech stock pully w/ reflash
vs.
comptech upgraded pully and tuned kpro-dual
vs.
t3t4 57 trim tuned kpro-dual
Attachments
comptec sc stock pully w/ reflash
<br />vs
<br />comptec sc upgraded pully tuned kpro-dual
<br />vs
<br />t3t4 57 trim tuned kpro-dual
comptec sc stock pully w/ reflash
vs
comptec sc upgraded pully tuned kpro-dual
vs
t3t4 57 trim tuned kpro-dual
bentsxscflashvssckprovsturbokpro.JPG (166.76 KiB) Viewed 4434 times
HONDATA DEALER/TUNING IN ATLANTA!!
DIGITALBOXTUNING
678-614-3596
locash

Post by locash »

I too, have occasional idle control problems in my TSX with the K-Pro dual.. It would be nice to have some sort of adjustable idle control, as the car will randomly (once a week, perhaps) want to stall after starting, or after starting and reversing, then going back to neutral..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
Tsx536

Post by Tsx536 »

I am also having the same idle issues. My car stalls quite frequently. I was just tuned at Church Automotive and they were not able to fix my idle issues.

It looks like Hondata needs to consider flashing the stock ECU as mentioned.
schoe

Post by schoe »

I also have the same problem where the idling is not stable...
Tsx536

Post by Tsx536 »

schoe wrote:I also have the same problem where the idling is not stable...
Is your car stalling/shutting off?
What injectors are you running?
hardcorersxs

Post by hardcorersxs »

My client is also experiencing this problem. We we're experiencing it at every light however richening the idle and playing the ignition timing in those proper columns have made it to the point it only does it once every start up and then it idles normal.

for some reason the datalog wont attach
schoe

Post by schoe »

Tsx536 wrote:
Im running stock injectors...

I have an auto and in "D", instead of the idle being 600 it fluctuates either from 750 to 600 constantly or dips down below 500 and stays there... I have the O2 sensor recommended on the site and also have a tune... The unstable idling became worse with the tune... Now it wont go away as before it would settle down after a couple of pulses...
Tsx536

Post by Tsx536 »

I saw this information in the KPro Dual Adapter S2000 instructions:

Idle speed is controlled by the stock ECU. If the ignition and fuel as tuned by the K-Pro is not correct you may experience rough/low idles and stalls. Larger injectors which do not atomize as well may contribute to a rougher idle. Running closed loop, or open loop at 13:1 air fuel ratio may help idle stability, so make sure you have the correct 02 sensor fitted.

I'm assuming the same hold trues with the TSX. I am trying to fix my stalling/shutdown issues.

So I am assuming that I should try to tune my idle AF ratio in open loop mode to be 13.1?
Also, I've heard that I should keep increasing ignition at idle. What is an unsafe ignition value at idle? How high can I push it? Right now I believe I have it at 25 degrees.
Tsx536

Post by Tsx536 »

schoe wrote:
Tsx536 wrote:
Im running stock injectors...

I have an auto and in "D", instead of the idle being 600 it fluctuates either from 750 to 600 constantly or dips down below 500 and stays there... I have the O2 sensor recommended on the site and also have a tune... The unstable idling became worse with the tune... Now it wont go away as before it would settle down after a couple of pulses...
So you're not experiencing any stalling/shutdown issues?
When you first get to a stoplight, does the idle settle down after 5 seconds or so?
schoe

Post by schoe »

No stalling, but it feels its like its about to stall when it dips below 400-500rpms... Sometimes the idle becomes stable after time but now with this new calibration, it rarely goes away... When I first got the K-Pro, it was fine until one day the rough idling came about... So I installed the O2 recommended and the idling seems like it became stable once more but after time it go rough again...
Tsx536

Post by Tsx536 »

Tsx536 wrote: So I am assuming that I should try to tune my idle AF ratio in open loop mode to be 13.1?
Also, I've heard that I should keep increasing ignition at idle. What is an unsafe ignition value at idle? How high can I push it? Right now I believe I have it at 25 degrees.
I was going to try to play with the idle so more today.
Thoughts, please?
schoe

Post by schoe »

Tsx536 wrote:
Tsx536 wrote: So I am assuming that I should try to tune my idle AF ratio in open loop mode to be 13.1?
I was going to try to play with the idle so more today.
Thoughts, please?
I turned the AC today because it was very hot and I had the "dont give a crap" mode but the idle got smooth... the car shook alittle like before when I used to turn on the AC w/ stock parts but almost like stock... I'm guessing it might have to do something with how hard the engine is working or something to with the electricals... Imma try something tomorrow... How did the 13:1 A/F tune go?
hardcorersxs

Post by hardcorersxs »

Just wanted to post up my clients situation. He ended up buying another throttle body and installing it. The problem is now completely gone. All maps (lower ignition and 14:7 af) work just fine.
scttydb411

Post by scttydb411 »

hardcorersxs wrote:Just wanted to post up my clients situation. He ended up buying another throttle body and installing it. The problem is now completely gone. All maps (lower ignition and 14:7 af) work just fine.
which tb was it?
HONDATA DEALER/TUNING IN ATLANTA!!
DIGITALBOXTUNING
678-614-3596
ATLTSX

Post by ATLTSX »

hardcorersxs wrote:Just wanted to post up my clients situation. He ended up buying another throttle body and installing it. The problem is now completely gone. All maps (lower ignition and 14:7 af) work just fine.
Bump what TB is he using?