problem with maf calibrations

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
nunoctr

problem with maf calibrations

Post by nunoctr »

have been runing my car with MAP calibration for 2 weeks on my fn2 type R.

Today I upload the MAF group N calibration and car immediately becomes leaning out. I had to stop the engine. It was going to 20.1 in about 5 seconds after I started the engine

Next I tried to upload the MAF stock equivalent calibration and car immediately becomes very rich. I had to stop the engine.It was going to 10.1 in about 5 seconds after I started the engine

What is the problem. I didn't change nothing on the car.

I made 2 datalogs of the prob
Attachments

[The extension ace has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension ace has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by nunoctr on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

Hi hondata,
Can you give me a reply to this. I need to go honda to service my car this week and i need to go with the MAF working. Try again today and the problem is there. I cant go back to maf calibrations.
august77

Post by august77 »

nunoctr wrote:Hi hondata,
Can you give me a reply to this. I need to go honda to service my car this week and i need to go with the MAF working. Try again today and the problem is there. I cant go back to maf calibrations.
Don use the MAF Group N map.. there is some problem with it, as we have tested it b4.

If you wan to revert back to MAF (working), use the Stock Euro Civic Type R map instead. I have tested uploading the stock map to my fren's ecu, and the car is running as per normal.
walter

Post by walter »

august77 wrote:
Don use the MAF Group N map.. there is some problem with it, as we have tested it b4.

If you wan to revert back to MAF (working), use the Stock Euro Civic Type R map instead. I have tested uploading the stock map to my fren's ecu, and the car is running as per normal.
What is the problem with MAF Group N for Civic Type-R? My car seems to make a lot of detonation when VTEC switches on at 3800 rpm...
FN2 R-04455
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

august77 wrote:

I have the problem also with the stock equivalent MAF calibration as can see in one of the datalogs. When i start the car, at iddle the AFR is not normal. I am using the OEM ECU so i am in a problem with honda as I need to go to service thos week. :?
Last edited by nunoctr on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
august77

Post by august77 »

It's hard for me to explain as, this was told by my fren.

problem with the stock map... that can't be. we'll have to wait for Hondata to solve your problem in that case.
walter

Post by walter »

august77 wrote:It's hard for me to explain as, this was told by my fren.

problem with the stock map... that can't be. we'll have to wait for Hondata to solve your problem in that case.
So there is a problem with stock map and Group N?
FN2 R-04455
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

walter wrote:
august77 wrote:It's hard for me to explain as, this was told by my fren.

So there is a problem with stock map and Group N?
for me yes.
august77

Post by august77 »

yes... coz u r not the only one having problem with the map.
walter

Post by walter »

Hope Hondata fix it soon.
FN2 R-04455
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We need the calibraitons and datalogs showing the problem that are longer than a few seconds and that go through all the gears. Without this it is impossible to determine if in fact there is a problem let alone try and diagnose what might be causing isolated issues.

Also list what modifications have been done to the cars.
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

I wil try to make new datalogs, but as you can see, the car is at lidle and the AFR is going to 20.1
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

nunoctr wrote:I wil try to make new datalogs, but as you can see, the car is at lidle and the AFR is going to 20.1
my car have a JDM intake manifold, race header and exhaust.