VTEC rev limit ,and Misc Window... can´t open them!

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
_BoSS_

VTEC rev limit ,and Misc Window... can´t open them!

Post by _BoSS_ »

Hi to all,

I would like to know how can I open the VTEC, rev limit and Misc windows, because when I try to open them, I can´t.

Must be with the FlashPro connected both laptop and ECU? Or I can adjust a calibration loaded in the laptop?

PS: If I modify lower and upper VTEC, just introduce for example 3500 rpm and 8800 rpm... Does the FlashPro make the changes itself or must modify manually another parameters?

Thanks in advance!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It does not have to be connected to the car to view the parameters, but you must have the calibration loaded in the software. Once you make your changes you must upload them to the ECU.
Last edited by Spunkster on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Spunkster wrote:It does not have to be connected to the car to view the parameters, but you must have the calibration loaded in the software. Once you make your changes you must upload them to the ECU.
I will try that this evening, but I think I´ve tried this without good results.

Another few questions....

a) If I change lower VTEC window for 3000/3500 rpm, will be bad for the engine because of the lack of oil pressure? Is it necessary to make changes in another parameters or just write the rpm?

b) Which is the safety point with OEM internals to set the rev limit? With Gr. N calibration is 8600 rpm.... will be OK at 8800 rpm? Or is it dangerous?

c) Can I remove the rev limit set to 4500 rpm default when there isn´t engaged a gear (neutral mode when the car is stopped) ?

Many thanks!!!!!!
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

When I try to do a click on the rectangle marked elements, they do not open, and I have the FlashPro connected to the laptop and a FN2 map loaded.... Could you please inform me about this?

Thanks very much !!! ;)
Attachments
Dibujo.JPG
Dibujo.JPG (164.7 KiB) Viewed 4843 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have made the calibration window too small, make it wider.
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

That´s correct... now I can see them.

Another few questions....

a) If I change lower VTEC window for 3000/3500 rpm, will be bad for the engine because of the lack of oil pressure? Is it necessary to make changes in another parameters or just write the rpm?

b) Which is the safety point with OEM internals to set the rev limit? With Gr. N calibration is 8600 rpm.... will be OK at 8800 rpm? Or is it dangerous for the engine?

c) Can I remove the rev limit set to 4500 rpm default when there isn´t engaged a gear (neutral mode when the car is stopped) ?

Many thanks!!!!!!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

a) 2500 rpm is about the lowest you can go, but in practice 3000 rpm is the lowest we've needed, and that is only on supercharged engines.

b) 8600 rpm is a sensible maximum. You can rev to about 9000 rpm on a stock engine, but not too many times.

c) Under 'rev limits' change the 'launch limiter' value.
Hondata
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Hondata wrote:a) 2500 rpm is about the lowest you can go, but in practice 3000 rpm is the lowest we've needed, and that is only on supercharged engines.

b) 8600 rpm is a sensible maximum. You can rev to about 9000 rpm on a stock engine, but not too many times.

c) Under 'rev limits' change the 'launch limiter' value.
Ok, thanks for the advices. :wink: