S2000 KPro will not stay connected to laptop in boost

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
The Spectacle

S2000 KPro will not stay connected to laptop in boost

Post by The Spectacle »

I have been experiencing an issue with my laptop disconnecting whenever I go into boost. When I was N/A, I had no issues. I've tried with two Dell's and a Toshiba and they all disconnect in boost. To note, I'm also running the Tunerview II which stays connected 100% with no issues in or out of boost so I know its not something with the USB cord I'm using (15 ft with two ferrite cores on each end of the cable). Yes I know its long but the problem still happened with a 5 ft cable with a ferrite core on it.

I've updated USB drives on each laptop I've tried and I don't know what else to check. Ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try removing the tuner view and see if that resolves the problem.
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

Tunerview has nothing to do with this. The usb cable is either plugged into the Tunverview or the laptop that I'm using. My point is that when the Tunerview is plugged in, it never breaks connection. When I use the laptop with the same cable, it disconnects in boost.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you using resistor or non-resistor spark plugs?
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

BKR8EIX
Corey872

Post by Corey872 »

Corey

E85 fueled Acura RSX-S Turbo w/ KPro
∙ 12.5:1 CR ∙ Precision Billet 5857E @ 15psi ∙ OBX Sidewinder ∙ ID 1000's ∙ ACT XTSS ∙ OBX LSD ∙ Custom 3" Magnaflow SS Exhaust
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

Ordered 5 cores, so with the addition of the two stock cores, that's 7 total.

Still no answer though as to why the Tunerview works perfectly fine but the laptop drops the connection EVERY time...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The laptop is more susceptible to interference. What has been done to your ignition system?
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

Ignition is completely stock.

5 additional ferrite cores and a big square one with the cord wrapped through 6 times still doesn't help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try some stock spark plugs and see if the problem goes away.
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

I can't/won't run stock plugs on my boosted car. And you guys preach to use resistor plugs and that's what I'm using so I don't see how thats the issue.

I was told there's a replacement cord with a really big ferrite core you guys send out for people with problems like mine, is this true?
Last edited by The Spectacle on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No we don't have a replacement cable. If you have already tried that many ferites then you have a severe interference issue. You can still use the stock plugs to test on and see if the problem goes away.
stwatson

Post by stwatson »

I am also having this issue, except I cant even get my tunerview to connect to the ECU.

I have NGK iridium 2668 spark plugs along with nearly every other supercharged RSX.

If you think its interference, here is what I have wired around the ECU area. I have my Valentine 1 radar detector tapping into my A/C adapter and running that wire by the ECU and up the side of the car. I also have my methanol injection system wired to K-pro via E21 and E22 for window controls.

These are the only things running near the ECU that are not stock...

any thoughts?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try removing the wiring for the methanol injection and see if the problem goes away. More than likely somethign you have changed is causing interference.