Had V3, just got V4. Is the set button/clutch sw needed?

ROM Editor 4 tuning software questions and answers.
wiggum80

Had V3, just got V4. Is the set button/clutch sw needed?

Post by wiggum80 »

I've had an s200 in my civic for quite a while. I recently changed the engine setup, therefore need a retune. I had v3 with the set button and clutch switch installed and perfectly working. I noticed the settings for the launch limiter and full throttle shift in v4 have inputs that can be selected. Do I unplug the clutch switch and connect one side to the input pin(B8 for example) and the other side to ground? Can the launch limiter and full throttle shift share the same input pin? Do I omit the set button and unplug it? Would it be easier to unplug the clutch switch and set the launch limiter and full throttle switch to always on? I would just like an easy approach to making my launch limiter and full throttle shift work. Thumbs up on the nitrous control with variable rpm/timing settings. Is there a users manual for s200 with re4, I have the one with re3.

Sorry for the hassle, Thank you.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot have full thottle shift always on, or you will always rev limit at that RPM.

Yes you can disconnect the clutch switch wire and wire it in to the input you select, but it will depend on what input you use if it is power or ground.

You will still need the set switch to make changes to the settings.
wiggum80

Post by wiggum80 »

After all the settings are set in the program, will I be able to change things around like before with the set switch without burning a new chip? Will the launch control and full throttle shift both work on the same input pin? (B5)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

as long as you have the rom setup correctly yes you still use the set switch to set the settings in the same way as before.
wiggum80

Post by wiggum80 »

I'm going to try using D6 as the input for the launch limiter and also for the full throttle shift. I'm going to unplug the clutch switch from the S200 box, wire one side to ground and the other to D6. I will then disable the vtec oil pressure switch on the program. I might have to invert the signal depending on the clutch switch being normally opened or closed. I would try using the power steering pressure switch input but my ECU is Canadian and the transistor isn't present. (Canadian P30 ECU running an H22) My nitrous is occupying the AC input. Do you think both the launch limiter and full throttle shift will work?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

yes this should work.