smanager doesn't read while engine is on

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
traction issuez

smanager doesn't read while engine is on

Post by traction issuez »

the title states it, smanager doesn't read while engine is on. is that correct? shouldn't i be able to tune it full time? i'm not sure maybe because i'm not doing something right.

i also downloaded a b18c5 turbo base map and put 240cc in it in order to start up my stock b18c1 gsr with stock injectors. does anyone have the base map for a stock gsr?

-mike
traction issuez

im using a p08 with the b18c5 turbo base map, and it showing up code BARO and KS for map and knock sensor but when i reinstall my p72 it doesn't show?? very odd. i'm pretty new to hondas but been in the game for awhile with nissans/subarus
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

Whats not reading?
Graph window?
Display window?
U can read data when Ignition ON/Engine Off but not when Engine running?
U cant read anything at all,anytime?
Which is it?

I assume the ECU is showing as "Online",because u never said anything about the upload failing,are u pressing the datalog button to view the display window data & also pressing the record button to start the graph window data?

U already have the basemap,just open Smanager & press "new Calibration" button,then select the US P72 basemap from the list that pops up.

U probably dont have a Baro sensor onboard the P08,but do have one onboard the P72,just disable the Baro sensor in Smanager under the Parameters Tab/Misc Tab/Disable Baro Sensor.

What does "KS for map & knock sensor" mean?
traction issuez

"BARO and KS for map and knock sensor"

i forgot to add a comma. i meant baro and ks = map and knock sensor.

the computer registers the ecu and i can see the TPS go up and down while the engine is off but when the engine is on i cannot read the ecu. I could of before the firmware update/using the 1.4.4.1.

after the update now i see a red light next to the green.
fly_n

Post by fly_n »

Not sure i still understand the baro,ks=map,knock bit,but if u mean Baro sensor = MAP sensor then they are actually 2 different sensors.

Baro is just a simple atmo pressure sensor for altitude compensations
MAP is the manifold pressure sensor.

The P08 probably dont have Baro or Knock,just disable both under "Misc" tab.

Your current calibration file could be corrupted,just try updating to latest SManager(1.4.4)( i assume u mean your using 1.4.1) & then upload the USP72 basemap to the ECU(i assume your not running boost from what u describe) & see if that fixes the datalogging.
Even try the ECU in another vehicle if that option is available to u.

Also check "Onboard Datalogging" is disabled as well while u test.

Upload your current cal file as well if u want hondata to take a look,otherwise u will probably get no response from them.
traction issuez

i got it to work thanks. it was the circuit board not fully seated on the 4-pin, but now i have a ecu error for the injectors and heated oxygen sensor even though when i have the stock p72 equipt, it doesn't light up. i think i need to send the p08/s300 in to have it inspected to be sure.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

On a P08 you must disable the injector error in Misc parameters.
andrewd_89

Post by andrewd_89 »

I have been having the same problem, ever since the new update 1.4.4 my AFR does not record on the low or high fuel tables