FlashPro doubts

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
_BoSS_

FlashPro doubts

Post by _BoSS_ »

Hi Hondata,

I have FlashPro in Type-R FN2 and have some doubts about it… Can I modify directly the fields without doing other changes? For example… in VTEC window, set the lower limit at WOT at 3500 and upper limit in 5400 rpm?

The fields that I would like to know if I can change directly without other changes are:

- VTEC window, both low and upper limits.
- Launch control (set this field the same as the cutover or 300 rpm lower, or deactivate it)
- Idle, put it at 750 rpm or 850 rpm If I want to change.

Thanks in advance.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I'm unsure what you mean by 'without doing other changes'. If you load the existing calibration into FlashProManager, change the VTEC window and upload to the ECU, then only the VTEC window will change.
Hondata
_Mozz_

Post by _Mozz_ »

Yes, but you should not do this without tuning the cam angles, or else you'll end up with a bad transition from low cam to hi cam...

Right Hondata?
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Hondata, what I tried to explain is what _Mozz_ understood.

I mean that If I upload Gr. N cal, modify VTEC lower point at 3500 rpm, save changes and upload to the car won´t be safe because other parameters must be adjusted (like VTEC transition like _Mozz_ wrote, for example).

In addition to this, what can I modify directly without damaging the engine? Idle? Launch control?

Thanks again!
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

don't change nothing if you don't know what you are doing. Read the user manual first and internet sites like k20A, clubrsx or 8th civic and see what you need for tuning with safety.

And one more thing, don't change your vtec crossover to 3500rpm.
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

nunoctr wrote:don't change nothing if you don't know what you are doing. Read the user manual first and internet sites like k20A, clubrsx or 8th civic and see what you need for tuning with safety.

And one more thing, don't change your vtec crossover to 3500rpm.
Right! Thanks Mr Nuno, very useful information ;)
rikitaun

Post by rikitaun »

Hondata wrote:I'm unsure what you mean by 'without doing other changes'. If you load the existing calibration into FlashProManager, change the VTEC window and upload to the ECU, then only the VTEC window will change.
I think that Boss want to change parameters when the engine it's running.... like Hondata S300 :wink:

Sorry for my reply in Spanish:
Boss , en la Kpro no recomiendan hacerlo, supongo que la Flash sera igual. Solo te lo permite hacer la S300.
Yo alguna vez he cargado sin querer un ajuste de gasolina sin parar el motor y he sudado mucho .....esperando no romper nada...
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

rikitaun wrote:
Hondata wrote:I'm unsure what you mean by 'without doing other changes'. If you load the existing calibration into FlashProManager, change the VTEC window and upload to the ECU, then only the VTEC window will change.
I think that Boss want to change parameters when the engine it's running.... like Hondata S300 :wink:

Sorry for my reply in Spanish:
Boss , en la Kpro no recomiendan hacerlo, supongo que la Flash sera igual. Solo te lo permite hacer la S300.
Yo alguna vez he cargado sin querer un ajuste de gasolina sin parar el motor y he sudado mucho .....esperando no romper nada...
Hi Rikitaun!

What I mean is to change some parameters like launch control, put the value and don´t touch anything else. In my case I setup the launch control from 4500rpm to 8000rpm (basically I quit this limitation), and It changes just writing 8000rpm and 7700 in the recover.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

PD: Gracias Riki por tomarte interés en el asunto. Algún día me vas a tener que dar una explicación sobre tunear un mapa, que sé que tienes horas de Hondata encima para parar un tren (en Ascari te voy a bombardear a preguntas, jejeje).

Sorry for the spanish text dudes, but he´s a friend!