PLX M-200 kit installation problems

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
fox30

PLX M-200 kit installation problems

Post by fox30 »

I have a 96 GSR with a conversion harness for a odbI P28 Ecu. I have 4 wires on the plx. red and black of course power and ground. And white and Gray.. The intructions say to use white for the o2 signal ( pin-out# D22 I think on the ecu? ) Nothing in any of the hondata nor the PLX instructions explain what to do with the gray wire.
I thought it was a green and white wire i was supposed to connect it to but it doesnt seem to work. I have tried real hard to find a pin out diagram for a p28 ecu so I would know which pin I need to tap the wideband o2 signal (white wire) into.
ANy links to a good howto on this?

Oh I forgot to add; I used to have an air/fuel ratio meter hooked up to the black wire down by the o2. (this is the plug that plugged into the plug for the original o2 sensor) I tried the white wire on that old connection knowing its going to the right pinout of the ecu and that didn't work either.
The reason I think its the right one is, my air/fuel ratio meter worked fine off this wire , thats why I am assuming its the signal one.
96 GSR / B18C1 Built / AEBS T-Sleeves /~~/
No stickers / no nice rims / 10.4 seconds
other hobbies: PC gaming, Half-Life, Linux Administration, MotocrossKX250, kissing big tities
itr206

Post by itr206 »

the greay wire is for the narrow band and the white wire is for the wideband . im just wiring the wideband and keeping it in wideband all the time . but supposedly the besat way to do it is to have a switch and switch it from narrow band to wideband . i guess its personal pref really. supposedly in wideband all the time will hurt gas mileage i hear?
fox30

Post by fox30 »

Thanks for telling me what the gray one is for.. Now, my only remaining problem is, finding the right pinout on the p28 ecu for the white wire to tap into? On the Hondata site I found some diagram showing the D22 number pinout but my ecu ... it doesnt match,,nor make sense with my conversion harness. This sucks ...
is there a picture or diagram? I cant seem to find one on the web.
other hobbies: PC gaming, Half-Life, Linux Administration, MotocrossKX250, kissing big tities
DevineCRX

Post by DevineCRX »

should be D14
fox30

Post by fox30 »

The hondata p28 ecu doesn't have markings near or around the plug indicating D22.. its not numbered.. none of the pinouts are numbered.. Thats why i was asking for maybe a pictur or diagram i can compare with.
DevineCRX

Post by DevineCRX »

http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=3572

Make sure your looking at the OBD1 picture...also, the color of D14 should be white.
itr206

Post by itr206 »

i went onto the PLX site and downloaded the pinout for my car . mine was D17 i think off hand. i took the pinout from the harness not from the ecu . just to make sure its all correct. it gets sketchy sometimes when swapping other stuff out
fox30

Post by fox30 »

Thank you for the link. The pictures are down at the moment I'll try again later. I see 3 whitish wires and not too sure which one it is. Dont want to start cutting unless im sure.

itr206, Thanks for the tip.. I'll search plx again, hopefully I'll find my diagram.
Last edited by fox30 on Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
fox30

Post by fox30 »

I found it at PLX, Thanks !

D14 is the fifth wire from the right, bottom row.
http://plxdevices.com/ECUDatabase/Honda ... _92_95.pdf

SWEET!