FN2 FLASHPRO BUG IN BETA NEWEST VERSION

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
_BoSS_

FN2 FLASHPRO BUG IN BETA NEWEST VERSION

Post by _BoSS_ »

Hi Hondata,

I have uploaded a cal (Nuno´s one), so I checked for the last update and refresh both hondata software and hondata flashpro firmware (with beta version).

After uploading a cal, I tried to datalog to have a look at the parameters in the laptop and when I push the datalog button, the cars attempts to stop but finally it doesn´t stop (due to a low oil pressure, which is indicated in the dashboard). I tried this using laptop and using only the flashpro unit, pressing the datalog button, but again the same problem.

I restarted the laptop, and the problem continues, so I can´t see the datalog of the car. I uploaded the cal and the car runs good but I can´t see the datalog (live datalog).

Hope you can fix this, or advice me.

Regards,

BOSS
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The datalog buttonon the FlashPro does not start the datalogging on the laptop. You must push the datalogging button or F10 on the laptop to see the realtime datalogging on the laptop.
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Spunkster wrote:The datalog buttonon the FlashPro does not start the datalogging on the laptop. You must push the datalogging button or F10 on the laptop to see the realtime datalogging on the laptop.
I pressed the start/stop datalogging button on the laptop (ray icon) and did what I explained before, and also disconnected laptop and used only hondata flashpro, pressed "datalog button" and did the same.

Hope I have explained this better than before. :wink:
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try uploading a different calibration and see if the problem goes away (File, New).
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Spunkster wrote:Try uploading a different calibration and see if the problem goes away (File, New).
Right, I will do that. If the problem persists what can I do next? Reinstall everything again, both hondata software and cal in CTR? Thanks in advance
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

try that first
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Right. Thanks!
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

you you are not the first to have this problem. There are other fn2 user that had the same problem with 1.1.4.5. There is definitly a bug.
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Thanks for your response Nuno. I didn´t have a couple of minutes to do what Spunkster said, but It feels strange that I can´t directly datalog... and I have done this datalogs (live datalogs) a lot of times.

I would be please if Hondata could investigate and solve this, because even Nuno writes it is a common bug in the beta software.

Thanks in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I have not been able to reproduce this.
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Spunkster wrote:I have not been able to reproduce this.
Sorry for my english Spunkster, but you mean you haven´t understood which is the problem I tried to explain before?

I think Nuno knows what I am talking about. :?
nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

this is what was reported by a friend:

"Everything went good upload the cal to ECU but when I push Datalog button to record the car goes nuts like click click click and message VSA and check engine etc etc comes up in display and engine shut down. I turn off with key and turn on again, car start normal again, but I cant push Datalog button..."
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

So that proves that I am right. The display shows a message about an incorrect oil pressure... and the car acts like it is going to stop, but suddenly rpm´s were automatically increased and it didn´t stopped. It´s very strange.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you done what I previously suggested?
_BoSS_

Post by _BoSS_ »

Spunkster wrote:Have you done what I previously suggested?
Tomorrow morning. Didn´t have time :S