unlock flashpro

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
chrisnew

unlock flashpro

Post by chrisnew »

Hi Hondata, I like to check if my ecu will be reverted to stock for my JDM FD2R on unlock of the flashpro?

Or will it be reverted to that of a USDM Civic SI?

Thanks for the clarification.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It will go back to the stock FD2 calibration.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the code on the ECU you are using?
fd2typeR

Post by fd2typeR »

Hi Hondata, first of all, would like to thank you guys for coming out such an excellent product. Simplify tuning nowadays....

I am owning a JDM FD2 Type R, and would like to know more info for the below questions.

I understand that there is a revert to stock option under new calibrations, and there is 1 FD2 Japan/Asia stock equivalent calibrations, are they the same? This is because i am unable to view the calibration datas of the return to stock calibration while i am able to view the stock equivalent calibration figures. Reason for asking is because i have some issues on my part throttle, and would like to find out whats causing it as my part throttle is having knocking and retardings despite the ignition timing is lower than stock timing. No change is the Octane level before and after using flashpro. Perhaps you can give some sounding advice...Thanks!
chris2000

Post by chris2000 »

fd2typeR wrote:Hi Hondata, first of all, would like to thank you guys for coming out such an excellent product. Simplify tuning nowadays....

I am owning a JDM FD2 Type R, and would like to know more info for the below questions.

I understand that there is a revert to stock option under new calibrations, and there is 1 FD2 Japan/Asia stock equivalent calibrations, are they the same? This is because i am unable to view the calibration datas of the return to stock calibration while i am able to view the stock equivalent calibration figures. Reason for asking is because i have some issues on my part throttle, and would like to find out whats causing it as my part throttle is having knocking and retardings despite the ignition timing is lower than stock timing. No change is the Octane level before and after using flashpro. Perhaps you can give some sounding advice...Thanks!
U got to use the JDM FD2 Type r to revert to stock since yours is a jdm fd2r.

the fd2 japan/asia u refer to may be the 155hp version of the normal fd2 2.0 not the type r.

are u running race header or/and aftermarket cams? if you are u might want to reduce the knock sensitivity as i have found the mods does give more noise which sensor may think it is knock.
fd2typeR

Post by fd2typeR »

chris2000 wrote: U got to use the JDM FD2 Type r to revert to stock since yours is a jdm fd2r.

the fd2 japan/asia u refer to may be the 155hp version of the normal fd2 2.0 not the type r.

are u running race header or/and aftermarket cams? if you are u might want to reduce the knock sensitivity as i have found the mods does give more noise which sensor may think it is knock.
hi bro chris, sorry, didn't state myself clearly, yes, i selected FD2 Asia Civic Type R, not the FD2 155bhp Civic and under the list, got a FD2 asia/japan civic type R stock equivalent calibrations. Yes i am using race header and had a new calibrations now with adjusted lower knock sensitivity values in the table compared to previous calibrations. But if adjusted lower or much too low to reduce or eliminate knocking, will there be any issues with the engine reliability overtime? coz 1 thing i don't understand is whether how much knocking can the engine take and also whether the knocking sense by sensor is it real knock. Thats why don't know is it a good thing to reduce too much knock sensitivity compare to the stock equivalent calibration. Thanks bro!
fd2typeR

Post by fd2typeR »

Hi spunkster or hondata, if i adjusted lower knock sensitivity values in the table much much lower, say 50% less sensitive compared to stock calibrations, will there be any issues with the engine reliability overtime? I don't know how much knocking can the engine take and also whether the knocking sense by sensor is it real knock. Thats why don't know is it a good thing to reduce too much knock sensitivity compare to the stock equivalent calibration.

2ndly, can we adjust the part throttle's fuel & ignition mapping and will the ecu overwrite our setting in closed loop sensing? Coz apparently, when i am using stock calibration, datalog in part throttle, i do not face the problem of knocking and retarding, seems like the ignition timing is still of mid to high values of ard 20+ to 30+ degrees. However, when i am using the existing calibrations, my part throttle has alot of knocking and retarding of around 7+ degrees to 10+degrees and while my ignition is already much lower at abt 10+ degree, yet still pinging and retarding. Only way is to reduce the knock sensitivity. However, knock sensitivity is now already reduced by about 50% compare to the stock calibration's knock table. As such for my 1st question, will it hurt the engine over time for setting so low sensitivity when there could be actual real knocks which didn't detect due to reduce sensitivity.

Thanks in advance and appologies for my lengthy post....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must post calibrations and datalogs of the problem with specific details about where in the datalog the problem occurs. You also have to let us know everything that has been done to the vehicle.