OBD2 Passthrough to DL1 Datalogger

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2009 (US, UK, Asia) S2000
NickJ

OBD2 Passthrough to DL1 Datalogger

Post by NickJ »

Is this possible? I'd like to be able to log all the OBD2 outputs that the FlashPro can read - but I want them in the same software as my GPS/Acel/etc so I can overlay throttle position and RPM with the other items.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You can datalog from any OBDII ECU as long as your datalogger can communicate using OBDII protocols. The FlashPro does not change any of this.

The 06+ S2000 ECU uses ISO 15765 (29 bit CAN) with addresses according to ISO 15765-4 The protocol used is ISO 15031.
Hondata
NickJ

Post by NickJ »

Thanks! Is there any certain button I need to push on the Flashpro - or can I just plug it in and go?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I don't think you understand. All OBDII vehicles use a common datalogging protocol. This is there if FlashPro is used or not used. If you wish to interface to the ECU then you can use the above potocols, and the fact that the ECU was reflashed with FlashPro makes no difference either way.

If you're looking to datalog with FlashPro then I've misunderstood your question.
Hondata
NickJ

Post by NickJ »

Yeah I don't think I did a very good job of explaining what I want to do as I read back at my first post.

My datalogger has a serial input I can use to log external sensor data. I need an OBD2 reader to go between the serial port and the OBD2 port - I'd like to be able to use the USB output from the FlashPro - convert it to a serial adapter and then plug it into the DL1 datalogger.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What you need to do is to datalog directly from the OBDII port - going through the FlashPro will be much more complicated and slower too.
Hondata