Datalogging Lags & connection issues...

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
ScrapinSi

Datalogging Lags & connection issues...

Post by ScrapinSi »

Here's my scenario... S200b w/ datalogging. Laptop is a p3 1ghz w/ 512 ram and 30gb hard drive. I'm using a USB/Serial Adapter by Belkin. Originally, I had a problem staying connected... I changed the errors per second to 15, and it works... I average 7-9 errors per second... anythign I can do to reduce that?

My 2nd issue... My datalogging recordings lag. Like I click record, drive around for 3-5 minutes, hit stop, then when i try to play it back, sometimes it will play fine, other times it skips, othertimes it just freezes... the clock is running fine, but the logging just freezes...
DaX

Post by DaX »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some USB to serial adapters are troublesome. I think Hondata recommends using one particular brand. I could be way off though...it's early. Someone back me up or knock me down.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

The problem is that some USB to serial ports do not assign a com port. Hondata needs a com port.
ScrapinSi

Post by ScrapinSi »

mine assigned com5 as the serial port. What exactly are you referring to?
edlocke

Post by edlocke »

FWIW, I bought a Latitude XPi P133 off E-bay and it works great as a logger - no USB adaptor req'd, records at +900 var/sec, no errors, and the best part - it probably cost less than your USB-Serial adaptor ($12.50!).

I'd think about a dedicated old-school laptop!
Team KLR

Post by Team KLR »

Hey man, if you use a dedicated datalogging laptop what do you do for wideband tracing in the romeditor?
edlocke wrote:FWIW, I bought a Latitude XPi P133 off E-bay and it works great as a logger - no USB adaptor req'd, records at +900 var/sec, no errors, and the best part - it probably cost less than your USB-Serial adaptor ($12.50!).

I'd think about a dedicated old-school laptop!
TeamKLR
Mace Ward
865-388-3253
Knoxville, TN
srcracing

Belkin USB adaptor

Post by srcracing »

Your problem is probably the belkin adapter. I had one on my laptop (no serial ports on computer) and I had alot of the same problems tuning Accel DFI's. Switched to Keyspan (Comp US) and no more problems (also the recommended brand by Hondata).... hope this helps!
George Landis
srcracing@aol.com
srcracing.com
561-394-4359
Team KLR

Post by Team KLR »

I have both the belkin and the keyspan and I can tell absoloutley no difference between the two. When my set up is working either one will do and work great, every so often for no reason the set up won't work to save my life. No settings change or anything, it just doesn't work. Doesn't matter wichone was in use to begin with or if I switch them out, I have found that with my stuff it works 90% of the time but that other 10% is a real head scratcher.
TeamKLR
Mace Ward
865-388-3253
Knoxville, TN