s300: Idle in colum 3 and 4

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
alba-tuning

s300: Idle in colum 3 and 4

Post by alba-tuning »

Hey i just turned my car on after 400 miles of na driving.

after i hooked up the turbo kit and all the components, i turned the car on and plugged in the s300 to my laptop using smanager 1.4.5 vers.
My idle when data logging is at 1,100 even when its cold start and before it was at almost 2 and would go down. idle is also in colum 3 and 4 instead of 1 and 2. My vaccum pressure is at 20 to 21.

I have a aem wideband hooked up but not to the ecu and on the wideband it reads about 12ish to 13 when i turn it on and then goes about 15.1 to 16 when warmed up.

my set up is.
b16 81.25 srp pistons 9-1comp
crower rods
itr cams
slight port n polished head
spooling performance 3" down pipe
spooling manifold with garrett 60-1 t3 .70 a/r intake and .63 exhaust
2.5 int piping with greddy pov
38mm wasgate
1000cc rc injectors
walbro fuel pump 255hp
3bar map sensor gm with vaccum running into the intakemanifold instead of throttle body.

any idea whats causing the idle to be at 3 n 4 I thought 20 vaccum is good enough.
Turbo is not spinning at idle either idk why juarnal bearing. it spinns when you turn it on and give it a little gas.
any ideas.. I go an appointment to go to tune this friday but i would like to fix this before i get there.
na is gay, turbo n spray
alba-tuning

Post by alba-tuning »

also how do i adjust the fuel and everything else to keep the idle at 14.7 a/f. After 10 different all motor builds, I decided to do a turbo build and its a pain haha.
lets say at idle i have 15.9 a/f on the wideband, how do i richen that up. do i just click colum 1 and 2 and add a certain amount of fuel? ive been searching this for a couple of days now.. let me know thanks

here is my basemap by the way .
Attachments
Dardan-tuned[1]b16 turbo 1000cc.skl
(32.04 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
na is gay, turbo n spray
alba-tuning

Post by alba-tuning »

anyone got any ideas. also what is the stock timing degrees on a stock b16 and should i keep it stock timing or adjust it. I need help asap guys i have to drive the car 100miles to the tunner.
na is gay, turbo n spray
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is common for the turbo not to spin at idle with a small displacement engine.

Also you will pull less vacuum with a du to all the pipin and the restriction in the exhaust. Low compression pistons will also add to this.

It does not sound like there is any problem. You will have to re-tune now that the turbo is installed as it really changes how the car will run at all points.

You add fuel just liek you would for anyother type of engine....you add fuel to the areas of the table it is running off of where it is lean.
alba-tuning

Post by alba-tuning »

thank you sir for the clarification and fast response.

Now i just got two more questions. what should the timing degrees be on my set up at idle should be 16degrees but what should it be throw the rpms.
also to add or subtract fuel do i just go to the low speed fuel table and rev throw the rpms and at a certain rpm if the fuel is lean or rich add or subtract fuel right? do i just highlinght the section and then right lick n hit adjust right? and then put a certain amount like add 2 or -2 percent.
is this how..sorry for so many questions been looking online all month. I have to get the car to run decent without turbo being in boost so that i can drive the car to the tuner which is about 100miles away.

one fore question sorryhaha. how do i adjust in the parameters to run the car without any boost so i can tune this a little n rev up n down. Anyone..thank you for taking a time to read this..
na is gay, turbo n spray