Max number of datalogs = 248?

FlashPro Manager software
Gernby

Max number of datalogs = 248?

Post by Gernby »

I tried to capture a datalog at lunch, but after pressing the button, the datalog LED blinked just one long blink, then started blinking very short blips about once a second. I pressed the datalog button several times, but it kept doing the same thing. I plugged it back into my laptop, and made sure there was enough free memory, but it was at about 80% used (248 recordings). I deleted 3 large datalogs just for grins, then went back to the car. It datalogged fine, but only for 3 datalogs, then it started doing the same thing again. Is 248 the max?
'06 NFR S2000
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

The memory in the FP is full. Look at the memory bar at the top. Delete the unnecessary logs and you'll be fine. How did you fill up the memory already? That thing can hold like 28 hours or something. lol..
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

soxfan143 wrote:The memory in the FP is full. Look at the memory bar at the top. Delete the unnecessary logs and you'll be fine. How did you fill up the memory already? That thing can hold like 28 hours or something. lol..
Ummm ... did you not read the first post where it said that the memory was only 80% full before I deleted 3 large datalogs? After creating 3 more datalogs it now says 72% used (27% free), but it won't let me record anything more.
'06 NFR S2000
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes there is a maximum of 248 datalogs. Just delete some of them or store them on your hard drive if youw ant to keep them all.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Ah ... so what is the significance of "Used: 248 Free: 1288 Total 1536"?
'06 NFR S2000
yungming

Post by yungming »

I guess when you have turned on the live tuning, you will use up the memory and datalog is limited to 248 logs.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Live tuning shouldn't have anything to do with the "Memory" or "Recordings" sections of the "Datalogging" tab.
'06 NFR S2000
mucter

Post by mucter »

Dang man, I don't think it takes more than 20 or so datalogs before I'm running out of room on the FP. Why you holding 248? lol.... keep that ish organized on your pc.

I try to keep the FP cleared out everytime I upload a new cal, just so I don't get confused about if my logs are related to the way the car is running currently.

Sure you're right, if FPM is telling you it can hold more than it actually can, that's a bug... but still 248 is a LOT...lol.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

mucter wrote:Dang man, I don't think it takes more than 20 or so datalogs before I'm running out of room on the FP. Why you holding 248? lol.... keep that ish organized on your pc.

I try to keep the FP cleared out everytime I upload a new cal, just so I don't get confused about if my logs are related to the way the car is running currently.

Sure you're right, if FPM is telling you it can hold more than it actually can, that's a bug... but still 248 is a LOT...lol.
Since I use multiple PCs to tune, I keep my historical datalogs on the FP itself. The datalogs are all small (mostly just 3rd gear pulls), so they don't really take much memory. I also rename the datalogs so that I keep them organized (ie. Cal 45 A Preston Rd 5-14-10). Basically, I'm a digital pack rat.
'06 NFR S2000